Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Leuthold
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

My girlfriend and i will go to Essen the second time this year. We are both very excited already.
I want to bring along small games as gifts for some friends and family. Is there perhaps already a list just with games who cost max. 5-10€

If not, shall i start one?

Greetings Adrian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year it was exclusively "Love Letter" and "Hanabi" year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Leuthold
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will note this two games on my list of possible gifts :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Adlung-Spiele, I am not sure where they end up this year in the new halls layout.

Their card games (but some of them are definitely real board games only folded into a small pack) cost between 6 and 8 €.

Most famous are Meuterer, The Castle of the Devil, Verräter.

Definitely stop at the Heidelberger SALE booth. They sell loads of games for low prices.

AllGames4you also fancies low prices for some games.

Ciao

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep your eyes open. There are lots of smaller card games around every year. Aldung-Spiele is a great suggestion since that's all they do.

Last year I brought home a copy of the new Sticheln for a friend. Hanabi is sure to be around since it won SdJ although I don't know if they'll focus in the deluxe edition or will have both...

Coup could be another possibility this year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out the Japon Brand booth 3-O101. They have a lot of games for 10€ or less. Lost Legacy being one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Leuthold
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed this game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wattsalpoag/buccaneer-bo...

Looks very nice :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola: all creatures great and small, is a nice. Worker placement for 2 players in a very small box. Its not listed anywhere as it is not a new release, butshould be available at several stands. Unfortunately I think it is priced at eur12 eur18

Blokus duo is also reasonably small and should be available from matell.

Last year i picked up Gosu for only 7 eur at forHeads wich this year will be happyshops at 1 D110 F111

Citadels should also be easy to find at the general vendors like happyshops all al games 4 you, and is generally priced around eur10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2player agricola sells for 18 at lookout games directly.
category 5 or similar old games are always an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are things at the show apart from games that might make nice gifts. There are craft items, like pottery and metalwork, there are renaissance or medieval clothes, mead, longbows, swords, helmets and full suits of armour. What I mean is, just keep your eyes open and look at every stall, you'll be able to surprise your friends with unexpected delights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that the Ruhr Area has a coal mining history! If you want presents that represent the area or location and you are not limited to games try to find something like "Grubenmann" or similar...
www.grubenmann.de

If you are interested: I think the Grubenmann-items can be bought in the "Mayersche Buchhandlung", a large bookstore in the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
Remember that the Ruhr Area has a coal mining history!

Soooo, lump of coal then? Got it, perfect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
Thorin2001 wrote:
Remember that the Ruhr Area has a coal mining history!

Soooo, lump of coal then? Got it, perfect!

I would suggest the eatable "version". It's made out of chocolate and they sell it at Café Overbeck (Kettwiger Straße 15) just a few minutes from the train station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.