8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] BrainsBrainsBrains!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Flatline
Belarus
flag msg tools
Another one silly deck. This time we will try to tax runner by spending clicks and doing brain damage. There is no Open Moves here, so Jesus puppetmaster Howy is not included yet, despite he will suites the deck really well, i think.

Identity: Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Cards: 54 / 45
Agenda points: undefined / 22
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (12)
2x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Efficiency Committee
3x Gila Hands Arcology
1x Priority Requisition
2x Project Vitruvius
2x Sentinel Defense Program

Asset (6)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eve Campaign

Ice (20)
3x Chimera
2x Chum ●●
3x Howler
2x Ichi 1.0
2x Ichi 2.0
3x Janus 1.0
3x Viktor 2.0
2x Whirlpool ●●●●

Operation (14)
2x Archived Memories
1x Anonymous Tip ●
1x Beanstalk Royalties ●
3x Bioroid Efficiency Research
3x Green Level Clearance
3x Hedge Fund
1x Power Grid Overload ●

Upgrade (2)
2x Midori ●●●●●●

Johny inside me always trying to avoid using popular and strong IDs, but this time he shutted up because we can use EtF ability on the runner's turn when swapping ices with Midori and putting them with Howler.

So the main economy of the deck is ID's ability, Narcology agenda and a couple of money-making events and some campaigns.

The deck is not designed to win by agenda scoring, it's designed for damaging and taxing. there is only one ETR ice and it's chimera. all other ices are bioroids or traps.and a couple of chums for more damage. Despite thereis no etr, we still can stop the runner: chum or howler can do it. Even single howler may stop runner, or tax him for clicks or for some brain damage.

Midori. she is the main figure here and she should go only on the remote, where we will install agendas. The main damage combo is whirpool+howler (howler should bring Anus, or Ichi to trash programs). Also we can add chum somewhere for more damage. Midori can swop derezzed after howler ices. Derezzed Anuses will rez back with Bioroid Research, that also allows us to bring some early defence.

E3 will be a big problemo for deck i guess, but PG Overload may help.

I want HB identity with 22 influence that allows to use only Jinteki cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This deck wants Cerebral Overwriter. Maybe even also Edge Of World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Flatline
Belarus
flag msg tools
BlueSwan wrote:
yeah i really wanted to add Cerebral owerwriter, but do not know what to remove (it's already 54 cards here...)
edge of world will come in if we will have 22 influence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keasanya wrote:
BlueSwan wrote:
yeah i really wanted to add Cerebral owerwriter, but do not know what to remove (it's already 54 cards here...)
edge of world will come in if we will have 22 influence

OK, here's a suggestion. First up, go to 49 cards instead of 54.

Instead of:
Agenda (12)
2x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Efficiency Committee
3x Gila Hands Arcology
1x Priority Requisition
2x Project Vitruvius

You could go:
3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Project Vitruvius
3x Sentinel Defense Program
1x False Lead

Reason for False Lead is you forfeit it to inflict Brain Damage when your opponent encounters a surprise Janus on first or second click.

Alternatively you try for Priority Reqs with the intention of rezzing Januses and Heimdalls. The advantage of running Priority Req is that the runner will feel forced to run your double advanced Cerebral Overwriter.

3x Priority Requisition
3x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Project Vitruvius
1x False Lead

The deck probably wants one or two Heimdall 2.0's. I'd put those in there ahead of some of the others like Victors, Ichi's and even Januses.

Archived Memories, Power Grid Overload and Anonymous Tip all seem cuttable to me. I would probably substitute a couple of the Eves/adonises for two Melanges. The kind of ice this deck runs seems good for Melange.

If you are fearing E3 (which you should be) you could include Zed 1.0. At least then they'll will still suffer BD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
BlueSwan wrote:

Instead of:
Agenda (12)
2x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Efficiency Committee
3x Gila Hands Arcology
1x Priority Requisition
2x Project Vitruvius

You could go:
3x Accelerated Beta Test
3x Project Vitruvius
3x Sentinel Defense Program
1x False Lead

Not working.

The problem with a brain/net oriented HB deck is... HOW THE HECK DO YOU FORCE THE RUNNER TO RUN YOUR REMOTES

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Flatline
Belarus
flag msg tools
NetEldrogo wrote:
Not working.
The problem with a brain/net oriented HB deck is... HOW THE HECK DO YOU FORCE THE RUNNER TO RUN YOUR REMOTES
Good luck.

you can build some defence like chum+anusetc on the central to protect r&d or HQ

if the runner will not run your remotes, you will just score agendas from it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
It was a comment oriented to the poster since he gave you a piece of advice concerning the inclusion of asset traps.

To anwser you though, I don't see you deck scoring that easily since you need clicks to position your ices.
Meanwhile, the runner keeps getting into your HQ or R&D.
Only when you're prepared with your pile of gold will you start raising things, hoping to kill the runner faster than him getting his last points. That's a risky bet I would say, specially with your lack of help in drawing or installing and with only 20 ices in a 54 cards deck.

I started thinking on a HB deck, similar to one posted in this section that value the power of HB via big ice play. But it gave me such a headache to try to put something together when you know you're about to face account siphon, atman, imps, deus ex and faeries.
In the end, I feel HB is down the road for now if one is deviating from Fast Advance.

Yet, like you, I tried to figure something out but compared to you I introduce many tricks in order to get scoring opportunity even without biotic or sansan.

Have you tested your deck ? I'm kind of interested in feedbacks for this kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I really think awakening center is the way to go in a deck like this. For agendas, I'd run

2 project Wotan
3 abt
2 vitrivirus
2 sentinel

Or some combination. Wotan might let you deal 1 more brain damage, or trash 1 more program, which seems super good. Not to mention you can throw a Janus at them for 8 and cripple them, and bioroid efficient test makes them rezzable by normal means.

I also think that whirlpool is unnecessary, and katana would be a much better inclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.