Subject: [Deck] - "Hey! Listen!" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, thank you to:

Adam E.
Germany
flag msg tools

For the original idea posted here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1046248/deck-ct-faerush/page...

I was able to tinker with this strategy and came up with this.

I wanted to report that I ran this deck last night and I was 2-0 for the evening.

I almost never post decks, but here is what I ran:

Identity: Chaos Theory

x2 Deus X
x3 Faerie *** *** ***
x1 Magnum Opus
x1 Gordian Blade
x1 Snowball
x2 Crescentus * *
x3 Self Modifying Code

x1 Levy AR Lab Access
x3 Infiltration
x3 Sure Gamble

x3 Sacrificial Construct
x3 Professional Contacts
x3 Daily Casts
x3 Compromised Employee * * *

x3 Clone Chip
x3 Dyson Mem Chip
x3 R&D Interface

Reasoning:

d10-1 I ran with x2 Deus X because our meta is shifting towards Jinteki right now, especially with our newer players. Also when hitting R&D and seeing 4 cards with interface it's nice to have this installed to neutralize a Snare!

d10-2 A single Magnum Opus, pure backup economy. Plain and simple. I was able to use this in one game and simply gain 8 a turn, until they threw an agenda down.

d10-3 I'm fairly sure I'm in the minority but I just love Snowball and I didn't see the need to run x3 Corroders. I felt the influence was better spent elsewhere. I considered a Battering Ram but passed.

d10-4 x2 Crescentus. This is lovely in combination with Faerie when you plow through an Archer for 4 little credits then derez it with Crescentus. Forcing them to forfeit another agenda to rez it when you run that server again. Love this.

d10-5 A single Levy AR Lab Access. This puts the deck at 41 cards, but I felt I needed it in case of emergencies.

d10-6 I had some spare influence left over. I suppose I could have used a Corroder but instead I chose to employ x3 Compromised Employee. Clickless econ for me when running and it forces the Corp player to think about if they want to pay me 3 when rezzing that Ice or not. Plus the +3 credits to use for traces also helps when I am running ...

d10-7 x3 Dyson Mem Chips, they are cheap, effective and do double work (Access to GlobalSec + Akamatsu Mem Chip) providing me with some link protection. So in theory I have "6" link (includes 3 pseudo link from Comp. Employees). The extra MU allows me to build upon CT's already provided +1 MU in order to have a larger rig out.

d10-8 No Scorched Earth protection. If I get Scorched so be it, more than likely if this happens it will have been my fault for making a mistake, not clearing a tag, or not having enough credits to beat a trace.

So this is the deck I ran last night. 2-0, ran well. Keep Faeries on the table is killer.

Thanks again for the idea Adam (OP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I tweaked the deck some tonight and tried was able to get it down to 40 cards.

x2 Deus X
x3 Faerie *** *** ***
x1 Magnum Opus
x1 Gordian Blade
x1 Corroder **
x2 Crescentus * *
x3 Self Modifying Code

x1 Levy AR Lab Access
x3 Infiltration
x3 Sure Gamble

x3 Sacrificial Construct
x3 Professional Contacts
x3 Daily Casts
x3 Underworld Contacts

x3 Clone Chip
x3 Dyson Mem Chip
x1 R&D Interface
X1 HQ Interface **

Reasoning:

d10-1 -3 Compromised Employee, +3 Underworld Contacts
After seeing a suggesting from another bgg'er I realized that I really should take advantage of the link provided by the Dyson Mem Chips. Underworld Contacts are great drip economy and it's devastating to be able to gain 3 credits at the beginning of your turn, plus it's click-less.

d10-2 -2 R&D Interfaces, +1 HQ Interface
I wanted to tone down the frenzy attack on R&D a little so I removed two of the interfaces. I may regret that later, but I am still accessing 2 cards per run. I used a bit of that leftover influence I saved from removed the Compromised Employees above, by adding one HQ Interface. I wanted runs on HQ to be worth more than just looking at one card so I made this change.

d10-3 I was able to get down to 40 cards and will test it out on Thursday for our weekly Android Netrunner night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
I am plaiing a very similar Kate for last 3 weeks .

Here is my deck list:

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (9)
Stimhack (Core #4) x2 ■
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Escher (Creation and Control #31) x2
Tinkering (Core #37) x2

Hardware (11)
Clone Chip (Creation and Control #38) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof #107) x3
The Toolbox (Core #41) x1
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core #38) x3

Program (13)
Deus X (A Study in Static #66) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control #46) x3
Femme Fatale (Core #26) x1 ■
Corroder (Core #7) x1 ■■
Cloak (Creation and Control #41) x2
Crescentus (A Study in Static #65) x2 ■
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Gordian Blade (Core #43) x1
Dagger (Creation and Control #42) x1

Resource (11)
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control #49) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control #53) x2
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow #91) x1
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount #25) x3 ■
Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow #82) x2 ■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 8
Criminal: 6
Shaper: 59

I have to say that reccuring creshentus is very-very strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit that originally I wasn't a big fan of Crescentus and never played with it until recently.

Being able to derez a huge piece of ice such as an Archer, Hadrians or especially a Tollbooth is great!! Definitely an over-looked program that should see some more play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
2097 wrote:

gozik, one of the points of this deck was 3× Faerie + 3× of Sacrificial Construct, Clone Chip and Self-Modifying Code.
I guess that’s where the thread title, “Hey! Listen!” comes from, because Navi, a fictional fairy, shouts that often.

I believe that 3 fairie are the main point of previous tread. Also I believe that my deck is very similar to Alejando's one. I'm not pretending on anything, just shared my list and said that cresentus with clone chips is really awesome.

And I'm sorry I don't know fairy tales in english. So i didn't undestand the title. Thanks for explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam E.
Germany
flag msg tools
I definitely like that approach - while you lose a bit of tempo by switching to Gordian Blade, you have a much stronger lategame plan with MO & the Interfaces.

Just out of curiosity, have you actually played Levy in one of your games? To me, having nine copies of Faerie was more than enough in the games i've played...then again, here you'll likely want to use Clone Chips to recur SMC/Crescentus as well, so it might have deserved it's spot.

Dysons are fine if there are a lot of traces going on in your meta, but to me they always felt a bit slow - in comparison to Akamatsu, they "break even" on the second trace, but that's a meta choice I guess.

What do you think about removing the HQ Interface to make some room for Nerve Agent? You can grab it via SMC, and as long as you don't have MO on the board you can support it MU-wise, especially with the Mem Chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
2097 wrote:
Say the corp starts with an agenda behind an ice wall on the very first turn. FaeRush can deal with it, either put out an SMC and just hit it—(and it can get through pretty much any ice, including the 2-credit fee for the SMC), or, facecheck, find out it’s an ice wall, put out corroder from hand, go through it.

Hey! Listen! cannot get it. Well, if you happen to get a Sure Gamble, you can play it, SMC into Snowball and just have enough credits to spare.
But given such riches, FaeRush can even deal with a first turn Bastion.

FaeRush will be able to get in more consistently because it has more ways to do it.

That's why tinkering is awesome card and should be in every shaper non-atman deck. It is green Inside job and help very much in early game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
After seeing a suggesting from another bgg'er I realized that I really should take advantage of the link provided by the Dyson Mem Chips. Underworld Contacts are great drip economy and it's devastating to be able to gain 3 credits at the beginning of your turn, plus it's click-less.

The problem is that go activate Contacts you need to draw and play two out of three cards which you have no way to tutor for. And then you start making profit on 3rd turn after they start working.How many turns does it usually take you to go through 60-70% of your deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I wanted to tone down the frenzy attack on R&D a little so I removed two of the interfaces.

I wouldn’t call a deck with no Maker’s Eye, no Indexing, only a single R&D Interface “frenzy attack on R&D”.

No, but +3 R&D Interfaces just felt like too much dedication to R&D and I can get tunnel vision there sometimes and not focus on other areas where I should be attacking.

2097 wrote:
Mmm… this is a flexible archetype. Ende Neu’s build is more to my taste but everyone has a different take on these cards.

As far as I can tell, these are the changes, going to xpiredsodapop’s build:
+1 Deus X
+1 Magnum Opus
+1 Gordian Blade
+1 Snowball
+2 Crescentus
-3 Cyber Cypher
-3 Corroder

+1 Levy
+1 Infiltration
-3 Laundry
-3 Indexing
-2 Tinkering

-2 Plascrete
+3 Dyson Mem Chip
+3 R&D Interface

+3 Employee

Hope I didn’t miss anything.

To me, that’s removing cards I love (Cyber-Cypher, Laundry, 3×Corroder) and inserting cards I don’t see the point of (MO, an extra Deus X, Dyson Mem Chip). It seems to trade speed for a stronger end game where I would rather have the speed.
But it’s a matter of personal taste as well as local meta.

gozik, one of the points of this deck was 3× Faerie + 3× of Sacrificial Construct, Clone Chip and Self-Modifying Code.
I guess that’s where the thread title, “Hey! Listen!” comes from, because Navi, a fictional fairy, shouts that often.

Cyber-Cypher is a solid Code Gate breaker, however I prefer not to have one of my icebreakers locked being dedicated to only one server. There is zero reason to run x3 Corroders and I believe it's a waste of influence.

Chaos Theory had a 40 card minimum so I believe she is still able to retain speed and have a strong mid and late game because of less cards to draw through.

Yes, Navi was always annoying to me and Ocarina of Time and would never go away, hence the Faerie that never goes away here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
hsiale wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

The problem is that go activate Contacts you need to draw and play two out of three cards which you have no way to tutor for. And then you start making profit on 3rd turn after they start working.How many turns does it usually take you to go through 60-70% of your deck?

Jacek,

Agreed. I think that I might try something else or go back to the build in the original post at the top. If I can't draw those Dyson Mem Chips early on then you are right, my trickle econ will be later in the game.

I was also thinking of maybe Ice Analyzers. Still so much to play around with on this deck but it works great so far!

Edit:
Now that I've had some more time to think, I probably might try -3 Dyson Mem Chips, +3 Akamatsu... Not worry about the Link / Trickle Econ, (because Magnum Opus is back up econ) -3 Underworld Contacts, and +3 Tinkering as it was suggested above.

We'll see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
I actually really loved Navi. It felt good to have a friend with you and I liked her voice and advice. But I know how many people felt differently about that…

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=42

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I'll admit that originally I wasn't a big fan of Crescentus and never played with it until recently.

Being able to derez a huge piece of ice such as an Archer, Hadrians or especially a Tollbooth is great!! Definitely an over-looked program that should see some more play!

Crescentus is sort of the flipside to Parasite. Parasite neuters low cost/strength ice very effectively, Crescentus neuters high cost/strength ice very effectively.

The two points that make Parasite significantly stronger are that it synergises with Datasucker and you have to be able to break the ice fully once. Crescentus is good for decks that are running a high-tempo strategy, though, where the Corp is under too much cash pressure to rez their ice twice.

Funny to be able to SMC out at the right time as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I was also thinking of maybe Ice Analyzers. Still so much to play around with on this deck but it works great so far!

I like this idea. Especially with a single Aesop thrown in - Analyzers are great targets after you use credits on them, as well as any unused Constructs when you plan to use Levy AR soon, if you switch to Akamatsu they will be decent Aesop fodder at least in some games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Underworld Contacts was more of an idea if you were going the Kate route. I agree it doesn't make much sense here. I imagine in Kate you'd round it out with some helpful AI's (probably just 2), and have 3 slots left for deisel/modded/R&D interface.

This is what I think that deck would look like:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (14)
Tinkering (Core) x3
Hostage (Opening Moves) x1 ■■
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x1
Infiltration (Core) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3

Hardware: (6)
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount) x2
The Toolbox (Core) x1
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3

Program: (15)
Faerie (Future Proof) x2 ■■■
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Crescentus (A Study in Static) x1 ■
Snowball (Trace Amount) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Deus X (A Study in Static) x1
Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control) x3

Resource: (10)
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static) x3
The Helpful AI (What Lies Ahead) x1
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 5
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 52

//////

That said, I like the original deck list for its speed. I think there's some economic advantages if you think the game's going to take longer from these other two builds; but you're going to sacrifice some tempo to get these rigs up. Perhaps too much. The original deck is really just beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

I've enjoyed Crescentus in conjunction with Rielle. Already built for Code Gates, turn the ice into a Code Gate, break, shut it down. Plus, only one influence and a solid recur target for Clone Chip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
The original deck is very nice, that is what inspired me to make a similar deck but to my play-style and also for our meta.

Just not a huge fan of Indexing anymore as I used to be. Also I did not see the need to run x3 Corroders. Keep 1 and use 4 influence else where. Cyber-Cypher is a good code gate breaker, but I don't want to have it dedicated to one server, then I'd have to install another to use somewhere else.

Before I know it, I'd have 3 installed. Better off using the Gordian + 2 other programs I want to have out just in case, Crescentus and Deus X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
Say the corp starts with an agenda behind an ice wall on the very first turn. FaeRush can deal with it, either put out an SMC and just hit it—(and it can get through pretty much any ice, including the 2-credit fee for the SMC), or, facecheck, find out it’s an ice wall, put out corroder from hand, go through it.

Hey! Listen! cannot get it. Well, if you happen to get a Sure Gamble, you can play it, SMC into Snowball and just have enough credits to spare.
But given such riches, FaeRush can even deal with a first turn Bastion.

FaeRush will be able to get in more consistently because it has more ways to do it.

Sandra... if I have an SMC out, I can get through pretty much anything on the first or second turn. That's what makes Self Modifying Code so great. I can pull what I need, when I need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only provided you have cash for it. I feel the idea of FaeRush was to hit the ground running by using the very cheapest breakers available - Corroder, Faerie and Cyber-cypher. Your version from first post uses Gordian Blade and Snowball - you changed the latter for Corroder, but the problem remains for code gates.

If you facecheck Datapike or Enigma with SMC and no other rig, it takes 6 credits to fetch the breaker and break the ice completely with Cyber-cypher, 9 with Gordian Blade. Will there often be more than two=three servers protected by a code gate that you want to run regularly? (a code gate you want to run once can be taken care of with Tinkering and Faerie). I think if you are afraid of such games, it's still better to stay with Cyber-cypher and add one Crypsis or Atman as backup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll see. I don't run that aggressively at the beginning unless I'm playing as Gabriel.

I'll probably tinker with it again tonight, but going 2-0 against some equally strong opponents in my meta lets me know it's working so far. Will require some further plays though.

Also, If I'm running Ice Analyzers, I can use those credits for the install from SMC. So it's not as bad as it seems.

Still no reason to run x3 copies of a breaker, unless you're running Atman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
3x breakers only helps in a few ways:

1) Redundancy in case they get blown up. But we have clone chip and sacrificial construct so that's not a big deal.

2) Drawing them early; Now this is actually worth it if you are trying to rush. You've said you're not, so its not such a big deal, but you're more likely to have a complete rig without having to overuse SMC if you go 3x on each of your breakers. This is more important with cyber-cypher since you probably want to be able to fetch more than 1 of them for various servers, which means conserving smc's so that clone chips can be used for faeries/deus X.

Your strategy of playing a slower game, still works and may be more robust in longer games; but it'll lack the bang of the rush deck, which you seem to be fine with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're missing the fact that SMC turn one allows you to "rush"... as long as I have a decent amount of credits, I can run on turn one and pretty much access anything I want.

No need to have x3 copies, spending 6 influence on a barrier breaker when I can pull it up with SMC, keep one and spend the 4 influence on something else.

If something gets trashed I can Clone Chip it out. Levy AR Lab Access allows me to access all those cards again.

I can still rush just as hard as the original deck.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
The problem that the only source of burst economy is sure gamble in this deck. Daily casts, professional contacts and magnum opus are very slow. So you need 2 cards. Probability of getting both in starting hand is about 5%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true but this deck doesn't have "Rush" attached to the end of it. It's run 2-0 so far and I plan on testing it tomorrow as well.

This deck is in no way meant to be a turn 1 rush deck as others keep saying...

However, this deck can rush on turn 1 if it's just absolutely necessary which both games it was not. I'll probably add the Compromised Employees and/or Ice Analyzers back in tonight and throw in the Akamatsu Mem Chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Kinda now wonder how this'll do against Sentry light decks. Especially if they don't keep them on their centrals. Then again, that's probably a good 7 pieces of Ice the corp will have to hold or discard through the game.

Gonna try running this at a league game tomorrow night, but I'm running only a single core so I should look at what I could stick in the two slots I have open from Akametsu and Modded.

Edit-
Pulled this deck together so I can have one that doesn't use proxies (Darn you desperado) Taking suggestions from folks here/blatently copying.

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (12)
2x Modded (Core Set)
3x Tinkering (Core Set)
3x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)

Hardware (6)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)

Resource (9)
3x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (8)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
2x Deus X (A Study in Static)
3x Faerie (Future Proof) ••••• ••••

Program (7)
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) ••
2x Crescentus (A Study in Static) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Though I think without that last memory I can't really have out 3 breakers, a MO, and extra SMC with a Nerve agent. Granted, that might probably not happen much. I'm just wondering if I should pare down to 40. Probably cut Modded, if seeing it and something 4+ in my hand at the same time comes up often enough.

I should play OCTGN more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to report that my deck (original post in this thread) is now 6-1 through this week.

My one loss came from ending a turn against Jinteki with only 2 cards in hand after I made a run on R&D.

Opponent simply scored an already advanced agenda (1 net damage) then used 2 Neural EMPs to flatline me. Whoops!

Things I've noticed so far. Crescentus is becoming a big player in this deck. I managed to derez a few archers throughout the week and the ability to pull them with clone chip and keep shutting down tollbooths, archers, hadrian's is amazing.

No more changes to this deck so far. I've kept the original form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.