Flying Colors» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wearing MP costs when at full sails rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules at 3.5.6 Wearing: states that the costs for reaching to running is 1MP and reaching to Beating would cost 2MP. And then between brackets :If at Full sails i have to double these costs (so it would be 2 and 4), but then a reference is given to rule 3.6.3 Movement Rate Modifiers and i can't find anything in Full sails section about doubling the costs? Is this a wrong reference or am i mssing something.
The rules i'am using are living rules v2.11b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the cost is wearing cost is doubled at Full Sail, but it is a rule that is tucked away in the text and could be much better documented in the charts and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tucked away indeed. I was trying to follow the ships movements in the 'example play Cape Ortegal' and already had some problems with the first ship 'Caesar' (i had more MP than the ship moved) until i saw that tiny rule in between brackects about doubling the costs. Wanted to make absolutly sure and looked up the reference to find nothing. Ended up with some doubts.
I'm having a hard time getting this one under sail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pencil it onto the Chart. Easy to remember.

There are a couple of other ways to simplify Flying Colors when you are learning. The easiest is to not allow entry into other ship's hexes. Avoids a bunch of complicated rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way for me to keep all the maneuvering and movement points in front of me is the really excellent maneuvering "Rose" provided in the file section as "Flying Colors Playing Aid" by Steven E on July 25, 2012. You put the Rose right out on the map aligned to the wind and you never have to look at the rule book or charts again for movement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.