30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Need advice concerning my Jinteki build. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jermaine Snuffullufugus
msg tools
Alright, so I love Jinteki. I've had a pretty successful deck built for some time now, and I've been really loving it, but I think I've come to a point where I'm not sure what to do with it.

The basic idea is that there's so much dangerous shit flyin' around that the runner has to be very cautious when deciding what they do. One wrong move and they're out, ya know? Jinteki was kinda so-so for a long time, since their damage tricks weren't enough to really take them all the way, but over time they developed enough tricks that, when combined, became a legitimate threat.

So, I had a deck built to work with that. Thing is, Opening Moves gave me some tools that I just couldn't say no to, so my deck has been altered. I dropped 2 Eli and 3 Data Mines for 2 Jackson Howard and 3 Himitsu-Bako.

Jackson has been an absolute rockstar in the few games I've played with the new build, for reasons I'm sure you all know already. And Himitsu has been similarly impressive. It's nice to have a 2STR EtR Barrier in faction, and the bounce ability is good in interesting situations as well. Although I liked having Data Mine around, as it was occasionally that one extra damage that did the runner in, I believe Himitsu is more consistently useful. The Eli, on the other hand, I miss. Jackson is a killer, but there's definitely a hole where Eli used to be.

Anyways, with all that said, there are two things that I'm kinda shaky on right now:

1) I only have 15 ICE. I did have 17, though that was with 3 Data Mine which only count for so much... but still, I don't know if 15 is enough. I haven't played too many games with the 15 ICE build, so I can't judge for sure, but it's on my mind, so I'd like to hear what you all think. 15 ICE sound do-able? I mean, one thing about Jinteki is that you don't necessarily mind the runner hitting your stuff. R&D digs can turn out to be fatal if they dig too far, and after awhile I'll end up with Fetal AIs and Snares making HQ a death trap as well. Truth be told, it's kindof okay to be lightly defended. Still, some opinions for or against would be appreciated.

2) Katman. I have been playing this deck since Creation & Control, and it has been hell for my Jinteki deck! Recently this is the only deck I've been playing against, so I may be a little rusty against the other archetypes, but I've got a lot of experience against Katman now, and I do believe Jinteki is at a severe disadvantage. The key culprit is Professional Contacts. As soon as that damn thing comes out I almost never see the runner's hand below maximum at the end of their turn. I only get 3 clicks, so even with a fully loaded Ronin and 2 EMPs, I couldn't flatline 'em. What I'm lookin' for here is advice, though I don't know what I expect to hear. I play the Katman deck myself, so I know how beastly it is, and it really feels like it just tears Jinteki apart. So... words of wisdom here?

It sucks. I love Jinteki. I recognized that faction as my main before I even owned this game. Sadly, I'm gonna start going to local events soon, and I don't think it's gonna be up to snuff. In most situations, I feel that my Weyland Rush deck is a great deal more consistent. More money, more routes to victory, etc. I want Jinteki to work, but I don't know how to fit more ICE in, and I'm really afraid of going up against Katman.

Anyways, those are my concerns. I'll post up the list now. If you've got suggestions, or experiences of your own with a similar deck, please share! Right now my testing pool is limited to me and my lady (she's good, but I build the decks), and I've been too lazy to rebuild the other runners. I'll get Noise, Gabe, and Andy decks built soon for a little testing, but any reports you have are welcome!

Here it is:

+Jinteki: Personal Evolution

=ICE

x2 Ice Wall (2)
x3 Himitsu-Bako
x2 Viktor 1.0 (4)
x3 Chum
x3 Neural Katana
x3 Pop-up Window (3)

T: 15 (9)

=Upgrades/Assets/Operations

x3 Snare!
x2 Jackson Howard (2)
x2 Project Junebug
x2 Cerebral Overwriter (4)
x2 Ronin
x2 Hokusai Grid
x3 Hedge Fund
x3 PAD Campaign
x3 Neural EMP

T: 22 (6)

=Agendas

x2 Gila Hands Arcology -2-
x3 Fetal AI -6-
x3 Nisei MKII -6-
x3 Braintrust -6-

T: 11 -20-

TOTAL: 49 (15)

Note: I have been thinking that I don't need 3 Chum, so one of those will get cut. It's also possible I could cut a single Ronin to make room for another piece of ICE, though I don't like it. Ronin gets trashed more often than not, but when it works, it's great. I like having the offensive capabilities.

If anyone can provide sound advice in favor of 15 ICE, I'll likely keep two Ronins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar to my Jinteki, which is my favourite corp too. I'm not a top tier player, I simply don't play enough to be competitive but I always enjoy the games and here's what my experience has shown:

- I dropped Neural EMPs because on the rare occasions they ended the turn with one or two cards I didn't have the cash to use the EMPs (usually after spending it on a Snare).

- i dropped the PADs because I couldnt afford to defend them and they always got trashed. I use a Melange, undefended and it usually gets trashed the next go but at least I get 6 creds out of it, if I get a second turn it's a bonus.

- I use Trick of Light to rescue advance tokens on unsprung traps, but more importantly to fast advance a 4/2 out of hand with two Tricks. It can also be used in a Ronin sneak attack if he's sitting tight with 2 creds on him. The best is when you manage to get an agenda sitting with 3 credits that looks like a failed Junebug, then ToL two of those credits off, and later put them back on again. The runner will never run it.

- I cut down to 2 Chum too because you don't want them too early, a hand full of Chums and no other ICE is unhelpful. Also if your next ICE gets killed by Parasite or neutered by Yog the Chum is rendered useless.

- I put 3 Matrix Analysers in, they are good to mess with the Runners head. Install-advance-advance a card behind the Analyser, when they run it add another credit to it. Is it a Junebug = flatline. Is it a Cerebral = serious brain damage. Or is it an agenda? Chances are the runner will jack out. If it was an agenda, score it next turn.

- I prefer Private Security Force to Nisei because if they pick up a tag for any reason they have to clear it

- Celebrity Gift is a nice little earner. Most of the time it doesnt matter if they know whats in HQ, as long as you have some punishment in there. Show them a Junebug and an Agenda, then next turn install-advance-advance - which one was it?

Hope that helps, as I said top tier runners take me to the cleaners and are generally dismissive of the mind games but if your playing for fun Jinteki is where its at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
magnus_eisengrim wrote:
Very similar to my Jinteki, which is my favourite corp too. I'm not a top tier player, I simply don't play enough to be competitive but I always enjoy the games and here's what my experience has shown:

- I dropped Neural EMPs because on the rare occasions they ended the turn with one or two cards I didn't have the cash to use the EMPs (usually after spending it on a Snare).

- i dropped the PADs because I couldnt afford to defend them and they always got trashed. I use a Melange, undefended and it usually gets trashed the next go but at least I get 6 creds out of it, if I get a second turn it's a bonus.

- I use Trick of Light to rescue advance tokens on unsprung traps, but more importantly to fast advance a 4/2 out of hand with two Tricks. It can also be used in a Ronin sneak attack if he's sitting tight with 2 creds on him. The best is when you manage to get an agenda sitting with 3 credits that looks like a failed Junebug, then ToL two of those credits off, and later put them back on again. The runner will never run it.

- I cut down to 2 Chum too because you don't want them too early, a hand full of Chums and no other ICE is unhelpful. Also if your next ICE gets killed by Parasite or neutered by Yog the Chum is rendered useless.

- I put 3 Matrix Analysers in, they are good to mess with the Runners head. Install-advance-advance a card behind the Analyser, when they run it add another credit to it. Is it a Junebug = flatline. Is it a Cerebral = serious brain damage. Or is it an agenda? Chances are the runner will jack out. If it was an agenda, score it next turn.

- I prefer Private Security Force to Nisei because if they pick up a tag for any reason they have to clear it

- Celebrity Gift is a nice little earner. Most of the time it doesnt matter if they know whats in HQ, as long as you have some punishment in there. Show them a Junebug and an Agenda, then next turn install-advance-advance - which one was it?

Hope that helps, as I said top tier runners take me to the cleaners and are generally dismissive of the mind games but if your playing for fun Jinteki is where its at.

Right now I think there's very little value to be had from the Jinteki cards that do the odd point of damage, like Hokusai Grid. That damage is far too easy to shrug off, particularly when Professional Contacts is around.

Jinteki needs to be trying to swing haymakers, not throw the odd jab. With Deus Ex I also think you can't really rely on net damage to get the job done either.

I'd like to see a Jinteki deck that can incorporate some Tag & Bag, and I think the meta is swinging towards this being a better route for Jinteki to take.

Jackson Howard = more Snare! = more tags
Jackson Howard = more drawing = drawing your tag & bag faster
Self Modifying Code = Deus X = midgame net damage kills are harder
Professional Contacts = more value in tagging opponent to destroy PC
Andromeda = Account Syphon = why would you worry about removing tags or installing Plascrete vs Jinteki?

2 SEA Source
2 Scorched Earth
3 Jackson Howard

I'm not suggesting making Tag & Bag your focus because you simply can't spend the influence to bring both into Jinteki, but I think you can make it a reliable midgame play then simply wait for the Runner to hit a Snare! and punish them.

You'd probably play a couple of Private Security Force and maybe a Hunter or two, but you don't want to deviate too far from the common Jinteki ice set up because you'll be signalling the runner to worry about meat damage.

Right now I think Jinteki is in a bad enough position that it has to try something pretty unusual, just to see if it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
OP, your Jinteki deck is strong. I'm going to share mine since it's so similar and add my two credits.

Jinteki: Perfect Evolution (49 cards)

Jinteki: Personal Evolution

Agenda (11)
3 Braintrust
2 Corporate War
2 False Lead
3 Fetal AI
1 Nisei MK II

Asset (12)
1 Cerebral Overwriter ••
2 Jackson Howard ••
3 Melange Mining Corp
1 Project Junebug
3 Ronin
2 Snare!

Upgrade (1)
1 Corporate Troubleshooter

Operation (7)
2 Hedge Fund
3 Neural EMP
2 Trick of Light

Barrier (6)
2 Himitsu-Bako
2 Ice Wall ••
2 Snowflake

Code Gate (7)
2 Chum
2 Enigma
3 Pop-up Window •••

Sentry (5)
1 Archer ••
1 Janus 1.0 •••
3 Neural Katana

Jinteki decks run perfectly fine with 2 Chum and Snare. Do NOT incorporate Celebrity Gift into your deck, as it does not work with our archetype (not to say it doesn't work ever, but I've tested dozens of games with it against strong opponents).

I'd recommend you splash Ice Wall for Atman hate, which also doubles as a fast advance tool for squeezing out your last point with ToL. Snowflake also helps ensure you have varying ice strength, and it's better than most give it credit for. Janus and Archer function as such as well, and can turn the tide if you're being beat down.

Ronin wins games. Period. Yeah, they trash them, but it only takes one to win you a game. Melange is also advisable, as starting with one and ice to protect it is a strong play, as it forces the runner to focus on it first, else you're set up for the rest of the game. False Lead is invaluable as well, as it greatly increases the flatline window of hitting a Snare or Fetal on the runner's turn then finishing with an EMP.

For a bit of perspective, I win about 70% of my games on OCTGN with this, and about 60% at my store's game nights every Tuesday (however it has gone undefeated the past two weeks).

edit: I'd recommend you cut your Hokusai's in favor of more ice. Right now your traps + agendas exceed your ice, and that's not good for a starting hand. I only run 2 Snares, 2 traps, and 3 Ronin in the whole deck (and I feel that even that's a lot). Cut a Junebug or Snare in favor of a Ronin, and consider testing Melange rather than PAD if you find the latter gets trashed a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Do NOT incorporate Celebrity Gift into your deck, as it does not work with our archetype (not to say it doesn't work ever, but I've tested dozens of games with it against strong opponents).

Fair enough if you have tested dozens of games but the few I have played I found it to give me a cash injection with little downside. As long as you don't have all traps or all agendas you can show them a spread it won't help them much.

Lysander1 wrote:
Ronin wins games. Period.

I agree with that, Snares and Fetals soften the Runner up but its Ronin who chops off their head with his big sharp sword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding in Grim would give you a high str ICE and give Katman a much bigger headache.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Celeb Gift is literally best played "you know what I can do, but you can't do anything about it" situation. Being able to rez dangerous stopping ice is probably more important to making them think about running something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
I'm also in the 'thinks that celeb gift is overhyped' group. I really wish it wasn't a double operation, then I might like it more. I just don't ever see a situation where I'd want it over hedge/beanstalk in my Jinteki decks. Yes, it's in faction, but I just am not a big fan of it. I've been hoping for a really good econ card for Jinteki, and while this helps some decks, I removed it after about a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
<Decklist>

What do you do for money when you don't draw Melange or it's trashed before you can use it? Is triggering the money condition on Corporate War ever a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Miaowara_Tomokato wrote:
Lysander1 wrote:
<Decklist>

What do you do for money when you don't draw Melange or it's trashed before you can use it? Is triggering the money condition on Corporate War ever a problem?

Good old-fashioned clicking for money. Discluding the Janus, the average rez cost of all my ice is less than two apiece, with three of them gaining me money. One turn of Melange allows me to rez 3 ice, and I'd say at least 4 out of every 5 runners don't face-check an asset protected by an ice on turn one (and there's a 50% chance of drawing one of three Melange at the beginning of the game).

Also, I've been wavering back and forth between 2 Nisei, 1 CW and 1 Nisei, 2CW. The only time CW is a problem is if there are more than one in hand and I feel pressured to score one before I'm ready (which happens extremely rarely if there aren't 3 in the deck). Otherwise, it can be scored as the final agenda so it won't matter, or you can simply fist it while working on economy. Few runners aside from Gabe run HQ anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander, what do you think about Private Contracts as alternative to PAD or even Melange?

Less efficient, but 5 trash cost means you can play it without ICE a feel a little safer. And it's also more flexible --- being able to click for 2 when you need a little extra for an EMP or Scorched.

Also... I've had a hard time getting Ronin to work... maybe I'm doing it wrong. Do your try yo well-protect your Ronin or leave it out with 1 or no ICE, hoping the runner figures it's a failed trap? And do you advance to 4 ASAP or only go to 3 and do the last advance when going for the kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I consider PAD and PC similar in nature - they both provide marginal economic benefit and tempt the runner to invest somewhat considerable resources to stop it. I find that they fit better with the Jinteki "resource drain" archetype (think Replicating Perfection, though it isn't limited to just that identity). If memory serves, PC only provides 3 extra credits over simply clicking for credits the whole time. Either way, Melange nets credits very quickly and is a prime candidate for Jackson. If the runner doesn't immediately trash it, you're set for quite a while to do as you please. Still, I like Private Contracts, and it works. I just like Melange more!

As for Ronin, it always needs to be in a server, preferably 2-3 ice deep. Even if trashed, the runner's expending more credits in order to get to it. It's ideal to have it in a server with some unrezzed ice while the runner is still assembling a rig. This is vital, as they're going to be far less willing to run and risk endangering themselves, and having 3 Ronin helps in this regard.

I alternate my play to advance Ronin, but my favorite is installing, then on the next turn advancing it three times. I've found that a double-advanced card sometimes gets ran, but a triple-advanced card is a bit more risky, despite it being on the board for an extra turn. Plus, a triple-advanced Ronin means you can at any point advance, rez and activate, Neural EMP for a total 4 net damage. Another strategy is to advance it three times, then advance it twice more for a total of five. Runners that are wary of Ronin are less likely to suspect it's a fully-advanced Ronin since it only requires four advancements. Plus you can advance a trap to four if it hasn't been run and leave it there, forcing them to suspect it's a Ronin and thereby running it.

Doing one brain damage makes a fully-advanced Ronin + double Neural EMP turn fatal no matter what. Alternately, you can fully advance an agenda and score it on a Ronin + double Neural EMP turn to do six net damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
2097 wrote:
Unlike when running into a Junebug, as far as I understand it, the runner can tutor up a Deus X as soon as we rez Ronin and be golden. So that killed Ronin for me.

It's true, Deus X (and funnily enough, Lemuria Codecracker) is the bane of Jinteki's existence, but it's still manageable. You simply have to force them to use it, or wait until they tutor something else, leaving themselves open.

This is why Archer is a very valuable splash-in as well. Atman defense, expensive to break, and most importantly it provides you a window to score or forces them to burn their SMC/Clone Chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
So I slapped together a PE build for a meetup today and it did pretty bad. What's your agenda list look like? I was thinking of having Prority Req instead of Nisei/PSF. How often can you overscore Braintrust? I'm trying to run Gila's as well in my list, but feel like I want to compact my points so I can get in more operations or ice. If I have the right mix I can mostly install and wait a turn before advancing. Pack 2 Trick of Light to move things around as needed.

Here's my list.
Traditional Jinteki

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core Set)

Traditional Jinteki

Agenda (11)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
2x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
1x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x Private Security Force (Core Set)

Asset (11)
1x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x Ronin (Future Proof)
2x Snare! (Core Set)

Operation (9)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)
2x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)

Barrier (6)
1x Bastion (Creation and Control)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set) ••
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (8)
2x Chum (Core Set)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) •••
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••

Sentry (4)
1x Matrix Analyzer (Core Set) ••
2x Neural Katana (Core Set)
1x Rototurret (Core Set) •

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
But what is the question?
mbmbmbmbmb

So I have two questions

1) Why do you prefer Braintrust to Nisei MKII? I almost always find a use for Nisei, but I almost never overscore enough Braintrust. I also used to include False Leads in this deck, but the runner just runs on the third click so they don't look very useful, i prefer to score Gila Hands...

2)We don't have opening moves yet here. How do you find Himitsu Bako? Is it a usefull ice? It doesn't seem very useful to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
In order to just break even for overscoring Braintrust, you need to rez 4 ice, and that's not even accounting for the risk involved. Never overscore it. Its benefit is that it can be anything on the table (Snare, Melange, Jackson, Edge of World) so that you don't need to advance it prior to scoring, or that you can score it out of hand with ToL. Nisei's effect is great - Braintrust is simply better in certain decks due to only needing 3 advancements to score (treat it as a blank agenda).

Bako is simply economic for now. As stated by other great players (Alexfrog, Hollis, etc) currently it's advisable to have a bunch of very cheap ice for early game, and a few (I recommend 2-4) expensive ice that you can use to turn the tide and provide stopping power mid/late game. Bako's usefulness will increase with the release of more Caissa programs, as you can remove anything hosted on it (currently good against Parasite). Lastly, it's nice to have as a 2-strength ice against Atman decks.

I've found that the cheaper the ice in Jinteki, the better off you are. I'd encourage those seeking a good deck to try out the one I posted above. Of course, Jinteki takes a while to pilot well, but the deck is very consistent (I haven't lost once with it in the past three weeks - about 30 or so games worth, though it's not unbeatable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (11)
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x2
Private Security Force (Core) x2
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control) x3
Executive Retreat (Trace Amount) x1

Asset: (9)
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
Project Junebug (Core) x2
Ronin (Future Proof) x1
Aggressive Secretary (Core) x1 ■■

ICE: (18)
Chum (Core) x2
Neural Katana (Core) x2
Data Mine (Core) x2
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3 ■
Wall of Static (Core) x1
Enigma (Core) x1
Bastion (Creation and Control) x2
Shadow (Core) x2 ■
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x2 ■■
Wall of Thorns (Core) x1

Operation: (7)
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x2 ■
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x2
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (4)
Hokusai Grid (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Corporate Troubleshooter (Core) x2 ■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 6
Jinteki: 35
NBN: 3
The Weyland Consortium: 6

I almost came first to my local tournament with this deck.The win/lose ratio was 2/2 although I thought it would perform worse. I later let go of the Zaibatsu Loyalty for some extra Ronin, and replaced Trick of Light with Neural EMP which I find more use full. I also added s Data Raven wich seems to scare the Heck out of people, at least these who don't know that I don't have Scorched Earth in the deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I am so-so considering Priority Rec, maybe Excecutive Retreat is better for Jinteki?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Greeek geek wrote:
Also I am so-so considering Priority Rec, maybe Excecutive Retreat is better for Jinteki?

Retreat isn't good for anyone hoping to accumulate Neural EMPs throughout the game (which is advisable). Now, Hollis states 3-pointers are good in his work compression article. I really wanted Priority Requisition in my deck for similar reasons, but upon testing, it had hurt far too much when stolen.

The best strategies I've seen for Jinteki in winning are 1: Neural EMPs (even better when paired with False Lead), 2: Ronin, and 3: winning with agendas. Other victories are possible against less seasoned opponents, but those three are most consistent in tournaments.

And as I've said elsewhere, how good you are as a player is far more important than the deck used, unlike some other factions. So really it's almost impossible to determine if someone's Jinteki deck is "good" or "bad" (though there are definitely tools that help considerably).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:

Retreat isn't good for anyone hoping to accumulate Neural EMPs throughout the game (which is advisable). Now, Hollis states 3-pointers are good in his work compression article. I really wanted Priority Requisition in my deck for similar reasons, but upon testing, it had hurt far too much when stolen.

True, but still I put a 3-pointer in the deck in order to lessen the density of agenda cards in the deck. Gila Hands and False lead are realy good for Jinteki, but because they are 1-pointers, the y tend to create decks with lots of agendas instead of other useful cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Braintrust is a flexible agenda. If you're doing a lot of install advance advance on traps, then you can probably squeeze one of these through overadvanced. Otherwise you just install and score in a turn.

I feel like I want to stick in an Archer as a surprise Ice, because being able to fry programs is pretty good against Criminals. Hard to do that with big agendas unless priority req'd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the looks of this (aside from the 3x Cyberdex Trial which I would probably swap for another money making game personally). No traps that require advancement could really throw off some Runners.

Re: 3 point agendas in Personal Evolution.

I've found Executive Retreat to be useful with Jackson. But I don't particularly love Neural EMP anyway so take that as you will. I've been leaning toward more smaller agendas lately though. Getting to 5 points is wonderful to force poor decisions, but forcing many runs for little gain seems to suit me better at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Well your deck does have 4 cards available. You could pack a singular Sunset as an Escher counter.

Snowflake sounds good as its a minimum 2 to break from Corroder vs. 1 for Himitsu,. Problem was the routine firing can be a steady drain, though it can also be for the runner. Himitsu's real point is to be able to counter cards that get installed on it without losing it to the archives. Also 2 str is abnormal.

I feel like if you have an agenda list that is half or most IAA type agendas, anything that'll take two turns to score, you should pack advancable traps. And if you pack advanceable traps, you should pack ToL for the wayside. Course the more assets you pack, the more gets lost and unused during R&D runs.

I wonder if I should bother with Tags and Tag punishment in my deck. Even without scorched, I can splashed Closed or Freelancer for runners that stay tagged. Crim sounds like a problem because as long as they can keep siphon on you, nothing works.

I feel like running Marked Accounts because of their trash cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
So I wonder if I should bother with tag punishment if I'm not running much tags, and should I run some at least beyond just Snare and maybe any Sentry Ice. Course, that's on the off chance even a tag me criminal leaves tags behind.

Traditional Jinteki

Agenda (11)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
2x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
2x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Private Security Force (Core Set)

Asset (10)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
2x Ronin (Future Proof)
2x Snare! (Core Set)

Operation (10)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)

Barrier (5)
2x Bastion (Creation and Control)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Ice Wall (Core Set) •

Code Gate (8)
2x Chum (Core Set)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) •••
1x Sensei (Trace Amount)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••

Sentry (5)
1x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••
2x Neural Katana (Core Set)
1x Rototurret (Core Set) •
1x Shadow (Core Set) •

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Right now just poking at this list to see what looks right. I don't know how well Neural EMP will play, or if I want more assets. Not even sure about the economy. Hell, should I swap in Hokusai's just for something else to bluff install.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.