-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtsCow is offering a deep discount on full color waterproof canvas prints in 10 different sizes up to 20"x30".

Shipping is free and you can mix and match any sizes for a flat $24.95 using promo code FALLCANVASPTS.

Color Canvas Prints in 10 Sizes at ArtsCow

Code is good until 10/21/13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you do anything boardgame related with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

Sure! There are lots of threads around BGG devoted to custom game boards, player aids, card game mats, and miniature game playing surfaces printed on canvas like this.

Unfortunately these don't go up to 3x3' or I'd be printing up some play mats for X-Wing Miniatures. You could put two of the 20x30" ones together of course but I'd rather have a single large mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

I made a board for The Great Races

Nine months later and it still curls up - though I haven't really tried flattening it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

a blood bowl pitch is usually 17.5 x 30 , so you could print that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelietz wrote:
Nine months later and it still curls up - though I haven't really tried flattening it.

2 minutes with a warm iron will fix that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
mikelietz wrote:

On the reverse side, I imagine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
mikelietz wrote:

Absolutely! In cases where that's not possible for some reason you can use wax paper between the iron and the printed surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
mikelietz wrote:

Caveat: I've never tried it before... but I'd think put it on the reverse side, lay a thin towel on top of it and iron the towel.

I'm hugely tempted by this deal. I have one Print & Play gameboard I'd like to try on this, but now I have to think about what else I could do with two other prints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
30X20 is the perfect size for Risk 2210 custom maps (Mars, Io, & Titan). I already have them printed in other forms, but I think I'll order these so I have them in a more portable form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelietz wrote:
torontoraptors wrote:

I made a board for The Great Races

Roll it the opposite direction, the curl will push against the table instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
proclaimed wrote:
Roll it the opposite direction, the curl will push against the table instead.

I've tried that and it just curls back up. I've also stuck it under a stack of heavy boxes, and that didn't help. I'll try the iron sometime, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone else is interested in ordering the Risk 2210 maps, here is a link: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/canvas/risk-2210-custom-maps-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be a pain, anymore ideas (albuns, geeklists,links,ect.) for what to do with it?=)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to use these for game room art, but I haven't found anything with a large enough resolution (honestly I'm not even quite sure how large it has to be to not lose resolution).

Any thoughts? Links? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pikaia wrote:
honestly I'm not even quite sure how large it has to be to not lose resolution

Size and resolution are different things. You can have a really big picture but if it is at a low resolution it won't print well. But if you shrink the image to a smaller size, you can increase the resolution. Basically you're cramming more information from the big version into the little version.

The problem you're going to run into is that most things on the web are designed for a lower resolution (usually about 72 pixels per inch) that works on a display. For printing you'll probably want something closer to 300 pixels per inch, but something around 150 or 200 can work sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denver Le Roux
South Africa
Cape Town
South Africa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMan2k3 wrote:
In case anyone else is interested in ordering the Risk 2210 maps, here is a link: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/canvas/risk-2210-custom-maps-...

Is it possible to have more information on these maps. Are there different rules needed to play on these maps? More cards etc. as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was wondering, do you think that the Illya's DUNE map would fit? How about BSG Express? I am sorry, as I dont know how to check for pixels in a file. If anyone could help me out on how to work this thing out (I've always been afraid of artscow as I cant get my head around it), I'd be happy to give them my entire GG right now... (which I just saw is crazy low... 0.53 only ), so it would be more out of compassion I guess

Thanks in advance if someone can though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vir0 wrote:
MrMan2k3 wrote:

Is it possible to have more information on these maps. Are there different rules needed to play on these maps? More cards etc. as well?

In general, they play mostly the same as the base game.

The Mars and Titan maps have neutral territories that start out with two neutral troops each (I use glass beads to represent them). The neutral troops don't ever attack, but they will defend. Have the person to your right roll their defense dice.

On the Titan map, for every 6 neutral territories you control, you gain an extra energy and troop at the beginning of your turn as long as you have a Diplomat in play.

On the Io map, the Naval commanders cost an additional energy because they are used in Lava Territories rather than Water Territories.

Additional Items that you would need to print out:

Mars
Territory Cards (Print double-sided on 8.5x11 card stock)
Moons Board (Prints well on 11x17 size paper)

Titan
Rhea Map (Prints well on 11x17 size paper)
Bonus Board (Prints well on 8.5x11 size paper)

Io
Asteroids Map [OPTIONAL - Works well as a "moon" for Io] (Prints well on 11x17 size paper)
Asteroids Territory Cards [OPTIONAL - Works well as a "moon" for Io] (Print double-sided on 8.5x11 card stock)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mallas
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted images of my Risk 2210 map prints here. My borders were cut off a bit, but I realize now that it was my fault and I have fixed it now in a revised design that is zoomed out slightly.

Here are my revised maps: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/canvas/risk-2210-custom-maps-...
I also created the smaller moon maps that go with the larger maps, on 18x12 canvases: http://www.artscow.com/gallery/canvas/risk-2210-minimaps-y5q...

There is a new code that is $1 more, but doesn't expire until October 28:
Three 30x20 canvas prints are $25.99 with free shipping using code OCTSMLPRINT20.
Three 18x12 canvas prints are $15.99 with free shipping using code OCTSMLPRINT12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.