Subject: The Cave: the Descent expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bigelow
Canada
Salmon Arm
BC
flag msg tools
Ok, so you're playing the Cave with some friends, all is good, you've got the most lakes explored, so those points are yours, you're vying for top player in squeezes. You flip over the next tile...and it's mother flippin cave monsters. Like, from Descent!

And now the game is: get out of the Cave alive. Screw exploring! RUN! You thought you were playing one game, but now it's survival horror!!!

How cool would this be for a mini expansion? Perfect for Hallowe'en right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see this being pretty entertaining!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I'll admit it, I was really hoping for a The Cave expansion for this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Peterson
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came on to this BGG page hoping someone had already made this variant. The descent is one of my favorite (horror) movies of all time, and The Cave really emulates the tension of cave exploring very well. Someone needs to figure out a way to add slavering subhumans to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milford K
msg tools
OK, the original post here really made me laugh, thank you. Your idea would certainly add a whole new element to this game.... and yes I am still laughing out loud as I type
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Walters
United States
Broad Channel
New York
flag msg tools
I saw this thread a year ago and was really intrigued and amused by it! So I spent some time working up a "Descent" variant that my wife and I now use every time we play this game. I posted rules in the Files section a few days ago. Would enjoy hearing what you think of it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.