Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when to expect this in stores. I am kicking myself I didn't get in on the kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kickstarter folks are getting theirs sometime in mid-November most likely. I'd expect to see it in stores probably in very late 2013 or early 2014. That's purely a guess, but it seems reasonable. I know they're excited to get it out to everyone including non-Kickstarter folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuff had optimistically listed it as a Sept release, so I would assume Ares would want to get it out of their warehouse as quickly as possible after they receive it. Organizing and sending out KS packages may be given a bit of a head start, if all the extra bits arrive in a timely manner, but sitting on basic inventory wouldn't make any sense. Anyway, it'll probably be a bit longer for all of us and I'm sure they'll update us when they know something worth reporting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
CoolStuff had optimistically listed it as a Sept release,

Only optimistic in that they saw Ares had promised the KS delivery in August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueEdwards wrote:
Anyone know when to expect this in stores. I am kicking myself I didn't get in on the kickstarter

The last update from the Kickstarter said:

"This means that the production might ship out of factory somewhere between the end of this month and October, 10th."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldil wrote:
BlueEdwards wrote:

The last update from the Kickstarter said:

"This means that the production might ship out of factory somewhere between the end of this month and October, 10th."

So, maybe rcv by end of Oct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

I think you spelled 'projected' wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
kduke wrote:

Looks like early November for the ship date to the KS folks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overnight, CoolStuff have updated the release date to November. Perhaps, this too is optimistic. Sure to be awesome when it does arrive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
kduke wrote:

Looks like early November for the ship date to the KS folks...

An Ares comment on KS says probably early November, if it leaves China this week and takes a month to get to the warehouse and processed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this is a little frustrating then.

I was not able to get in on the KS at the time, but right after GenCon a pre-order option went up on Miniature Market with the advertisement "Coming Soon" or something to that effect so I figured it wouldn't be too far down the road.

I pre-ordered it as a birthday present for a relative who played Wooden Ships & Iron Men back in the day. I was under the impression that at the latest it would be available sometime in October.

I understand delays will happen and it comes with the turf, but I would appreciate information from the developers (who I know frequent this website) so that we know when to get excited about their products. To be honest, had I known it was going to be delayed this much I would have got that relative something else.

Make no mistake, I am VERY excited for this game, but Ares don't be afraid to be upfront with information. We are patient fans, we don't mind waiting, so don't be afraid to tell us what's going on.

Reminds me of when I was asking them about the Wings of War app they had been developing. I was very excited for that app too and they wouldn't answer any questions about it, then a month or two later we find out it was canceled. Learn from that, keep us in the know, and let us surprise you with our remaining loyalty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
Well this is a little frustrating then.

I was not able to get in on the KS at the time, but right after GenCon a pre-order option went up on Miniature Market with the advertisement "Coming Soon" or something to that effect so I figured it wouldn't be too far down the road.

I pre-ordered it as a birthday present for a relative who played Wooden Ships & Iron Men back in the day. I was under the impression that at the latest it would be available sometime in October.

I understand delays will happen and it comes with the turf, but I would appreciate information from the developers (who I know frequent this website) so that we know when to get excited about their products. To be honest, had I known it was going to be delayed this much I would have got that relative something else.

Make no mistake, I am VERY excited for this game, but Ares don't be afraid to be upfront with information. We are patient fans, we don't mind waiting, so don't be afraid to tell us what's going on.

Reminds me of when I was asking them about the Wings of War app they had been developing. I was very excited for that app too and they wouldn't answer any questions about it, then a month or two later we find out it was canceled. Learn from that, keep us in the know, and let us surprise you with our remaining loyalty!

Well, per their site, it's coming out early to mid November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Early-mid November for Kickstarter supporters, then general distribution after that.

The prices will be commensurate with Kickstarter prices if you buy from an FOLGS. What you cannot buy are the 4 Kickstarter exclusive miniatures . . . however, there is a bit of nuance to that. Ares has said they will not release ship packs with the same paint scheme and same stats as the Kickstarter exclusive ships, but this means that they can release ships with the same paint schemes and different stats, or more likely, ships with the same stats, but different paint schemes. So I expect everyone will be able to buy a "complete set" without having to buy the Kickstarter exclusives on the secondary market . . . at least at some point when they get around to releasing these other ship packs.

Do not despair. You didn't miss out on hardly anything, nor will it cost you more money (as long as you buy through an FOLGS).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
Reminds me of when I was asking them about the Wings of War app they had been developing. I was very excited for that app too and they wouldn't answer any questions about it, then a month or two later we find out it was canceled.

It was developed by an external company. Who all of a sudden decided not to make games any more, stopping the half-developed project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
I pre-ordered it as a birthday present for a relative who played Wooden Ships & Iron Men back in the day.

No worries. You can still give him a nice card with a link to pictures of the ships. He'll appreciate the thought now and the gift when the ships arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A future, instead than a present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol! That was funny...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, that's exactly what I did. "Hey buddy, this is a picture of what you're getting...when it comes out!"

I did see the Kickstarter, I just meant financially I couldn't afford to support it at the time, which was a shame because so many of the ships looked great and it's always nice to snag a KS exclusive when you can.

Thanks for sharing what happened with the WoG app, I was still curious about that. That is a shame, I was really looking forward to it!

Anyways, back on topic, as much as I want the game to be out, if there's one thing I've learned about Ares is that they also take their time and do things right. My friend is very patient. Plus if the game is out in November, that will be just in time for Christmas so maybe I'll grab him some expansion ships as an apology for the wait. I like where this is going...

Keep up the great work, ecstatic for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.