Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there's usually only one way to run Soontir Fel and that's with Push the Limit and a Stealth Device. So in that spirit, I decided to dedicate one of my TIE Interceptors to Fel and give it a Stealthed, Fel repaint by painting over the grey parts with a matte black, giving the ship some muted blood stripes, and then putting a starfield pattern over the whole thing. (And hopefully I post this correctly and don't end up with the same stealth jokes that were had at my expense over my HWK repaint! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
And hopefully I post this correctly and don't end up with the same stealth jokes that were had at my expense over my HWK repaint!

If they're stealth jokes, how would you know whether they were here? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:
And hopefully I post this correctly and don't end up with the same stealth jokes that were had at my expense over my HWK repaint!

Damnit Vorpal...you made another one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
I like it. The star pattern might be a bit much for me, I personally would have stuck with just the black and stripes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. But... Am I the only person that doesn't put Stealth on Soontir Fel? I find that he's already hard to hit with his standard 2 Focus + 1 Evade, or Focus after Barrel Roll + Boost (to get completely out of arcs anyway).

If I was to paint another "stealth" ship, I'd have to do a regular TIE because Howlrunner doesn't leave home without her Stealth Device.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
scomatt9 wrote:

I see what you did there.

OR DID I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aegisgrimm wrote:
I like it. The star pattern might be a bit much for me, I personally would have stuck with just the black and stripes.

On a play surface other than my painted felt (as seen in the bottom two pictures above) it makes less sense, BUT it looks really nice on the starfield pattern felt. It really blends in appropriately, even in person!

iNano78 wrote:

Looks good. But... Am I the only person that doesn't put Stealth on Soontir Fel? I find that he's already hard to hit with his standard 2 Focus + 1 Evade, or Focus after Barrel Roll + Boost (to get completely out of arcs anyway).

Hard to hit BUT for me, he's too expensive to not try and make him even harder to hit. Especially with Jan in the game now. I one shotted Fel with Chewbacca the other night because he was rolling 5 dice with focus at poor Fel and Fel even had a stealth device. Without Stealth is just too risky for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:

If I was to paint another "stealth" ship, I'd have to do a regular TIE because Howlrunner doesn't leave home without her Stealth Device.

But you did repaint a Firespray stealth and nobody ever played Stealth on that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vuud wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

But you did repaint a Firespray stealth and nobody ever played Stealth on that

It's not "stealth"; it's just camouflage. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, Scomatt9.

iNano78 wrote:

Not the only one, I would imagine.

I'm sure that there are Rebel players who come over to the cool side and try out Fel and think that the 4 pts can be better spent elsewhere......but they would be wrong as well. laugh laugh

It's not an automatic include, but it's certainly the second upgradeI'd be reaching for to a Fleet that has Fel in it (after PTL, of course)....at least until the Imperial Aces pack comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
traitorarmor wrote:
Looks good, Scomatt9.

iNano78 wrote:

Not the only one, I would imagine.

I'm sure that there are Rebel players who come over to the cool side and try out Fel and think that the 4 pts can be better spent elsewhere......but they would be wrong as well. laugh laugh

It's not an automatic include, but it's certainly the second upgradeI'd be reaching for to a Fleet that has Fel in it (after PTL, of course)....at least until the Imperial Aces pack comes out.

Well, I'm (almost always) an Imperial player who is reluctant to spend points on upgrades at all. I want my ships cheap and disposable. 30 points is a VERY expensive ship. 33 points and it had better be a Bounty Hunter (e.g. more than twice the durability of a typical Imperial ship). It's very rare for me to put 2 upgrades on the same ship, and when I do, it's usually Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics + Stealth Device, which still comes in at a lean 23 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
Whoa cool, I didn't see this thread till it got a few hits... Nice job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, stars from space are a huge multitude of colors, not just white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

But it makes for such a lovely high-contrast paint job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

FWIW that's why my felt is painted with stars of varying shades of white, blue, yellow, red and orange. However, I didn't want to run the risk of it looking like it was rainbow flecked so I opted for white instead. To spread out that many colors on a 3x3 felt is easy, but to make them look right on a tiny starfighter is a much greater challenge.

And also...yeah...I like the contrast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corran Horn
United States
California
flag msg tools
So if your Fel gets hit and loses his stealth device, do you swap the model out for a regular Interceptor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nivek5150 wrote:
So if your Fel gets hit and loses his stealth device, do you swap the model out for a regular Interceptor?

No, I'll have to swap it out for my non-stealthed, blood-striped interceptor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.