Subject: Not enough players in game for agent's ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the name of the agent in question, but I had one last night in a 3 player game that had the following ability format:

Do X to one player
Do Y to a second player
Do Z to a third player

It was a 3 player game, so there was no different third player for the Z effect. Is this effect then lost, or can I apply to a player who has already been hit with one of the other effects?

If it is lost, can I then instead choose to 'skip' one of the earlier effects, and instead do something like

3p game:

(Skip X)
Y to one player
Z to a second player

Obviously, this would be even more of an issue in 2p games.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you'd have to do 1 to yourself. In a 2 player game you'd ignore the 3rd "do this."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card was Torino Zoccolitto, rank 3 ability:

'Steal three crowns from one player. Remove up to three influence from a block controlled by a second player. Adjust a third player's exposure +2.'

I'm not sure what interpretation would best suit a game of less than 4 players, but I'm leaning towards only allowing one effect per player, but allowing the owner of the card to choose which effects are used, and which are lost. (IE, in a 2 player game the owner of the card could choose one of the 3 effects, and lose the other 2, and not be limited to only the 'steal crowns' action.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can alwasy steal three crowns from yoruself to have a net effect of zero. I have done that before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Slovakia
Kosice
flag msg tools
mbmb
webdanzer wrote:
The card was Torino Zoccolitto, rank 3 ability:

'Steal three crowns from one player. Remove up to three influence from a block controlled by a second player. Adjust a third player's exposure +2.'

I'm not sure what interpretation would best suit a game of less than 4 players, but I'm leaning towards only allowing one effect per player, but allowing the owner of the card to choose which effects are used, and which are lost. (IE, in a 2 player game the owner of the card could choose one of the 3 effects, and lose the other 2, and not be limited to only the 'steal crowns' action.)

That would me understanding of that ability too. In case less that 4 players, choose only 1 or 2 of those effects and use them on different players. It makes sense that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.