Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was having a friendly conversation obamacare with someone on facebook and I came to the realization that the basic difference in our approaches is that I find the employer based health coverage system we have in the USA more than a little problematic and she's fine with it.

And of course it makes sense. For all their talk about small business, Republicans love big businesses more and why wouldn't they support a system which keeps people tied to their corporate jobs at the large firms that can offer benefit packages with luxuries like prenatal care?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You only just figured that out?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
You only just figured that out?


I never said I was particularly bright.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should say that I always assumed the republicans supported the system as is because of the large health insurance corporations backing them with $$. What I didn't realize was that it was a systemic issue that was embedded in our economy.

At 21 or 22 fresh out of college a great benefits package isn't a huge advantage for a big firm over a small up and coming firm. But after they grow up and make some babies a good health insurance package (that is not available in the individual market) is a huge advantage for attracting/retaining talent.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was one of (and along with free college education I believe still is) one of the main selling points of joining the military.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
You only just figured that out?


I never said I was particularly bright.


Based on your moronic "republicans love big business more" comment I'd have to agree you are definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. That's truly a dumb ass comment and such an over-simplification of reality I'm surprised you have the brains to even type it down.

You'll fit right into this fucking place... it's a liberal/progressive echo chamber for the ideologically retarded.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
Republicans love big businesses more


right, because democrats don't love big business....


the ACA has been a boon to big insurance who now have American citizens being forced to purchase their product without fear of competition.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea for a GOP campaign slogan.

Your a moron vote for us.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
the ACA has been a boon to big insurance who now have American citizens being forced to purchase their product without fear of competition.

"Big Insurance" is not a single corporation. All the insurance providers in a given state compete with each other.

What did you mean by "now" who do you think they competed with before, that they are not competing with now?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Nobody forcing 70 year old men to pay for mammograms.

How many 70 year old men still pay for health insurance?

Besides, men can get breast cancer as well.

DWTripp wrote:
You'll fit right into this fucking place... it's a liberal/progressive echo chamber for the ideologically retarded.

RSP has an echo chamber for everyone.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

You'll fit right into this fucking place... it's a liberal/progressive echo chamber for the ideologically retarded.


I know how much you love graphs so, this thread's Echo Chamberness so far:

6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I guess I should say that I always assumed the republicans supported the system as is because of the large health insurance corporations backing them with $$.


Sorry, the system you're looking for with that assumption is Obamacare. Health insurance companies lobbied hard for that.


To be clear, I should say that I'm not happy with Obamacare per se, I find it highly problematic that health care is now mandated through private companies. Though that's not all that different than car insurance I guess.

I'm just saying the republican clamor for keeping the status quo was previously somewhat puzzling to me. I mean who doesn't see that the current (pre O) system was a big fucking mess?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I was having a friendly conversation obamacare with someone on facebook and I came to the realization that the basic difference in our approaches is that I find the employer based health coverage system we have in the USA more than a little problematic and she's fine with it.

And of course it makes sense. For all their talk about small business, Republicans love big businesses more and why wouldn't they support a system which keeps people tied to their corporate jobs at the large firms that can offer benefit packages with luxuries like prenatal care?


In other words: "I found someone on Facebook who completely supports my biases, and so now I'm 100% sure my biases are justified! Yay!" shake

I would much prefer that health insurance be completely disconnected from employment, and the government. No mandates. Nobody forcing 70 year old men to pay for mammograms. Open borders. A completely free market product where customers can choose what works best for them. No costly one-size-fits-all solution.


To be fair to my friend, I was a liberal in a disagreement talking to a Republican who supported the delay.

So "I found someone on Facebook who I disagreed with and walked away even more sure about my own biases." The echo chamber was completely in my own brain.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I guess I should say that I always assumed the republicans supported the system as is because of the large health insurance corporations backing them with $$.


Sorry, the system you're looking for with that assumption is Obamacare. Health insurance companies lobbied hard for that.
Conclusion, health insurance companies are not a good way to provide heath care as they are interested in profit, not provision.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
Republicans love big businesses more


right, because democrats don't love big business....


Yeah, I know, right? This is one of those crazy things that the left has been able to lie about for decades.

The Wall Street/Washington nexus has never been more powerful; Obama appointed loads of Wall Street operatives to his administration. All his anti-Wall Street talk is just for show. He runs out and slams them in public, then goes and collaborates with them behind closed doors.


Yeah I should be careful about my broad brush strokes. Both parties are pro big business. But in the issue at hand only one party was supporting keeping the existing system intact.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I guess I should say that I always assumed the republicans supported the system as is because of the large health insurance corporations backing them with $$.


Sorry, the system you're looking for with that assumption is Obamacare. Health insurance companies lobbied hard for that.


To be clear, I should say that I'm not happy with Obamacare per se, I find it highly problematic that health care is now mandated through private companies. Though that's not all that different than car insurance I guess.

I'm just saying the republican clamor for keeping the status quo was previously somewhat puzzling to me. I mean who doesn't see that the current (pre O) system was a big fucking mess?


Oh, so you don't understand the fact that Republicans aren't interested in the status quo either. Your "epiphany" makes more sense now.


Ok well what's their proposed solution? I didn't hear much of anything coming except "repeal" out their heads for the past 6 years.

I mean for god's sake, Obama took their Mitt Romney plan and nationalized it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I guess I should say that I always assumed the republicans supported the system as is because of the large health insurance corporations backing them with $$.


Sorry, the system you're looking for with that assumption is Obamacare. Health insurance companies lobbied hard for that.


To be clear, I should say that I'm not happy with Obamacare per se, I find it highly problematic that health care is now mandated through private companies. Though that's not all that different than car insurance I guess.

I'm just saying the republican clamor for keeping the status quo was previously somewhat puzzling to me. I mean who doesn't see that the current (pre O) system was a big fucking mess?


Oh, so you don't understand the fact that Republicans aren't interested in the status quo either. Your "epiphany" makes more sense now.


Ok well what's their proposed solution? I didn't hear much of anything coming except "repeal" out their heads for the past 6 years.

I mean for god's sake, Obama took their Mitt Romney plan and nationalized it.


It doesn't matter what their proposed solution is, because it will get hijacked and undermined into oblivion by Democrats just like Obamacare is now by Republicans. Back down into the crab pot we go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I mean for god's sake, Obama took their Mitt Romney plan and nationalized it.


You may have confused me with someone who supported Romneycare. I didn't. I also didn't support Romney, except as a means to oust Obama.

Who did you support? I mean which of the Republican candidates did you prefer in the primaries?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I mean for god's sake, Obama took their Mitt Romney plan and nationalized it.


You may have confused me with someone who supported Romneycare. I didn't. I also didn't support Romney, except as a means to oust Obama.


That's fair enough. Well lets put it this way. The republicans have done a really shitty job selling their own alternatives to their previously adopted alternative to the previous health care system.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:

Yeah I should be careful about my broad brush strokes. Both parties are pro big business. But in the issue at hand only one party was supporting keeping the existing system intact.


Yep. You're not bright.

Okay, here's how the world works.... people say things all the time that are not true. in fact, if someone wants you to buy from them, vote for them or carry their garbage out for them they are likely to not tell you the truth if the truth is unappealing. So they "spin" the truth.

Let's say the American health conflagration isn't functioning as best as us Americans think it ought to function. And everybody except really stupid people (possibly you, who knows?) understands it needs improvement.So a ruling political party creates a massive law that nobody reads... not even them... and gives it an appealing name. What would appeal to people who think health care is costly? I know! Affordable health care!

So the political party that spawned this huge tome of stinking turds names it Affordable Care Act. Quiz time! Does naming something "affordable" mean it is affordable? Okay, hint... if Ford calls a car a Mustang, is it really a horse? And if it makes a 1976 Mustang that is ugly and slow, is that just like the earlier Mustangs because of the name?

But suppose the American public began to doubt whether affordable, in name, meant affordable in reality? The solution the ruling party might use would be to swamp the airwaves, internet, print media and cable with a message they want people to believe... I know! Let's say they repeat endlessly the message that anyone who doesn't get on board with affordable health care (the turd bomb law) is against affordable health care and actually prefers the way it was before. Does any of that have to be true? Think about it... if the Obama administration says republicans who aren't for the law are for "a status quo", what does that mean?

All this does is mask the truth or make reality so difficult for slow and dense people to perceive that they get frustrated and just get on board with anything that sounds good to them. Like voting for something that has the word affordable attached to it because it's really a good word. or buying a 1976 Mustang that is slow and ugly because Mustang is a cool word and conjures a great image in the dull-witted minds of the perennially stunted intellects of the political Left.

Nobody "wants" health care to be so costly we can't buy it. Nobody. Nobody wants to see rivers in flame and stand on their rooftop sucking in polluted air. Nobody. Nobody want to fill a glass of water from their sink and smack their lips at the deliciousness of chemical filth and bacteria in dirty water. Nobody. But when you think of "protecting the environment" do you conjure up images of someone voting republican? If not, perhaps you should ask yourself what specific republicans want their children to be deformed and die an early death due to pollution? You might discover you've been lied to if you just fucking question what you're being sold.

The Liberal morons here and out there want you to believe what they are selling because it feathers their nest, consolidates their power base, guarantees their future incomes and health insurance and secures the best golf courses and private jets for their personal use. The Republicans politicians are pretty much the same, only they are not as bad because they aren't currently in power.

Your only hope, at all, is to leave RSP now. I mean quickly before your already low level of intelligence descends even further by reading the dribble and lies and false oozing putrescence's of the Libtards who come here to wallow in their own fecal matter.

If you insist on staying, I recommend you at least try and read something that everybody here says not to read or, at the very least, go research all of Dave Gutierrez's posts because he is an anomaly that might improve your smarts - he's a in-the-closet-conservative who sleeps with the enemy.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
[q="aaarg_ink"]
Let's say the American health conflagration isn't functioning as best as us Americans think it ought to function. And everybody except really stupid people (possibly you, who knows?) understands it needs improvement.So a ruling political party creates a massive law that nobody reads... not even them... and gives it an appealing name. What would appeal to people who think health care is costly? I know! Affordable health care!


Just cause its fun to be insulting once in a while. I will point out that if anyone has read this thread, its pretty fucking clear that I do think the health care system needs improvement.

So I may well be stupid blathering fool, but clearly you are also.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
[q="aaarg_ink"]
Let's say the American health conflagration isn't functioning as best as us Americans think it ought to function. And everybody except really stupid people (possibly you, who knows?) understands it needs improvement.So a ruling political party creates a massive law that nobody reads... not even them... and gives it an appealing name. What would appeal to people who think health care is costly? I know! Affordable health care!


Just cause its fun to be insulting once in a while. I will point out that if anyone has read this thread, its pretty fucking clear that I do think the health care system needs improvement.

So I may well be stupid blathering fool, but clearly you are also.
You must stop taking anything Tripp says seriously, it's another of his trade mark Bazinga's.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
[q="aaarg_ink"]
Let's say the American health conflagration isn't functioning as best as us Americans think it ought to function. And everybody except really stupid people (possibly you, who knows?) understands it needs improvement.So a ruling political party creates a massive law that nobody reads... not even them... and gives it an appealing name. What would appeal to people who think health care is costly? I know! Affordable health care!


Just cause its fun to be insulting once in a while. I will point out that if anyone has read this thread, its pretty fucking clear that I do think the health care system needs improvement.

So I may well be stupid blathering fool, but clearly you are also.


Nope, I'm not stupid. You're one who who said this:

Quote:
I'm just saying the republican clamor for keeping the status quo was previously somewhat puzzling to me. I mean who doesn't see that the current (pre O) system was a big fucking mess?


Now that, that is pretty fucking stupid. You either own that shit or you state clearly you are now smarter than you were earlier this morning and have come to the realization that "republicans" are not for some moronic status quo.

As for insulting... fuck you man.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:
I was having a friendly conversation obamacare with someone on facebook and I came to the realization that the basic difference in our approaches is that I find the employer based health coverage system we have in the USA more than a little problematic and she's fine with it.

And of course it makes sense. For all their talk about small business, Republicans love big businesses more and why wouldn't they support a system which keeps people tied to their corporate jobs at the large firms that can offer benefit packages with luxuries like prenatal care?


In other words: "I found someone on Facebook who completely supports my biases, and so now I'm 100% sure my biases are justified! Yay!" shake

I would much prefer that health insurance be completely disconnected from employment, and the government. No mandates. Nobody forcing 70 year old men to pay for mammograms. Open borders. A completely free market product where customers can choose what works best for them. No costly one-size-fits-all solution.


To be fair to my friend, I was a liberal in a disagreement talking to a Republican who supported the delay.

So "I found someone on Facebook who I disagreed with and walked away even more sure about my own biases." The echo chamber was completely in my own brain.


Really like the way you think/post/discuss things. Kudos.

If you find yourself starting to froth instead of posting rationally, visit the drinking thread and take a short break until sanity returns.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
ME the dummy wrote:
I'm just saying the republican clamor for keeping the status quo was previously somewhat puzzling to me. I mean who doesn't see that the current (pre O) system was a big fucking mess?


Now that, that is pretty fucking stupid. You either own that shit or you state clearly you are now smarter than you were earlier this morning and have come to the realization that "republicans" are not for some moronic status quo.


I'll own it. The Republicans have done nothing significant towards improving the healthcare system. As such I feel justified in saying they have supported the case of status quo.

This is not merely a case of bad messaging and media censorship upon the GOP. They were pretty damn good at messaging tax cuts and wars in spite of the whatever media bias you perceive. It is a case of priorities and to me its blatantly obvious that improving the health care system is not a high priority item for them.


Quote:
As for insulting... fuck you man.


Cheers!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.