Hide
4 Posts

Survive: Escape from Atlantis!» Forums » General

Subject: Found both versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R D
msg tools
I recently came across both the 2011 version as well as the 30th anniversary edition for the same price (on sale!) at barnes & noble. I purchased the 2011 version based on the fact that it comes with wooden meeples. However, after hearing all the complaints, I'm debating going back to exchange for the 30th anniversary edition. Anyone have an opinion on which is the superior and better-looking version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, probably not much of a good input, but I always like the graphics in the latest edition. The 2011 edition is too CGI-like for me. I own the 2011 edition with the 5-6 players expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two things I like about the anniversary edition are:
1. the graphics under the tiles are more intuitive - eg. if it has a green boarder, play it as soon as you turn it over, if it has a red board, hold on to it.
2. the plastic meeples are uniform, so it is very difficult to tell what number might be under what meeple.

The thing I don't like is that the dolphins and dive dice aren't included, but they can be picked up as an expansion quite easily.

Not sure what you'd prefer, but I'm very happy with my anniversary edition (and expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both versions, and all the expansions for each; it's useful for experimenting with alternate rules. I agree with cyakobch's reasons for preferring the newer version:
- The tile graphics are more easily understood. In fact, I took some colored Sharpies and placed red and green borders around the tiles in the first version.
- I like the meeples better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.