Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very basic question here. One might call it a "n00b" question were one so inclined (I know I'm not.)

Setting up, say, Solo Conquest. Instructions say 7 countryside tiles and 2 of each city/non-city core tiles. Do I shuffle the country tiles, shuffle the city and non-city core tiles together, then place the shuffled country tile stack on top of the shuffled core tile stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
choose randomly 2 Core City tiles
choose randomly 2 Core non-City tiles
shuffle those 4 together and put at the bottom of the stack

pick 7 random countryside tiles and put them on top of the 4 core tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Shelton
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... then take the top two tiles off of the desk and place them (face up) next to the start tile to create the initial board.

[I add this only because the first few times I played, each time it took me forever to figure out if the initial tiles were counted in the scenario's list of tile or not. (They are.)]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cshelton wrote:
... then take the top two tiles off of the desk and place them (face up) next to the start tile to create the initial board.

[I add this only because the first few times I played, each time it took me forever to figure out if the initial tiles were counted in the scenario's list of tile or not. (They are.)]

We played without initial tiles the first few games. It wasn't stated anywhere that 2/3 tiles start revealed, only shown in an example picture in the Rulebook. Hence, we took it as an example and not as a common rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
cshelton wrote:

We played without initial tiles the first few games. It wasn't stated anywhere that 2/3 tiles start revealed, only shown in an example picture in the Rulebook. Hence, we took it as an example and not as a common rule.

p. 3:

Quote:
Map. According to the scenario description, put the starting tile either A side or B side up.
Reveal two (if using starting tile A) or three (if using B) tiles from the Tile deck and place them as depicted. Orient the tiles in the same direction as the starting tile.
– For all revealed sites, check the Site Description card to see what happens when they are revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.