Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pop in here for some promotional artwork and a countdown to the Kickstarter Launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - was hoping for earlier, but at least there's a date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's October 21st if you don't want to follow the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
Maybe the artwork files might need a little tweak, one of them is just a thumbnail I think and possibly there should be sample thumbs on the link? dunno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing concerns me though. What they want to show during campaign on KS if art are not final? Mechanics are easy to demonstrate even without components, but FFP games are mostly based on theme.

I like FFP and I trust they can produce good game, but I want to see it before I put my money on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Shadows of Kilforth - March 2019 Kickstarter
badge
Shadows of Kilforth - March 2019 Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there's a stretch goal for 'colouring in' the character sketches. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest update gives a little of the back story

OD

"There was a town, if you could call it that, named Brimstone; a small railway stop on the edge of the hottest deserts in the southwest territory. Barely a spec, it didn’t even show up on most maps… That is, until they found the Dark Stone.

Barely a spec, it didn’t even show up on most maps.

Digging in the hills, an old prospector came across a strange nugget he had never seen before, a black rock, part way between a crystal and a metal ore. But there was something special about that rock, it had a glow you could only see out of the corner of yer eye and was warm to the touch. It had properties folks said were magik, and of course, that caused a stir. Within days they found more of it buried in the earth, and stories started to spread. Business men and scholars started offering top dollar for even the smallest shard of the stuff, and that opened the floodgates.
It was a gold rush, but not for gold; for the black rock… The Dark Stone. People came from all over to try and make their fortune, and Brimstone boomed over night. They dug mines in every scrap of land they could get a hold of. Round the clock they worked, digging deeper and deeper into the earth, bringing up cartloads full of the rock and sending it back to town to be stockpiled and sold to the highest bidder.

What they didn’t know, what nobody knew, was that the energy in the Dark Stone resonated with itself. As they collected more and more of the rocks all in one place, it started to cascade, until… It exploded. In a flash, the town was consumed and a shockwave rolled out across the desert, burning the trees and tainting the land.

Reality itself was being ripped apart, and the people along with it. Dark portals to other worlds started tearing open across the countryside, pulling people in and unleashing all manner of demons and creatures into our world. Wherever there was Dark Stone these gateways would appear; some only flickering open for an instant, others opened and stayed that way.

Dark portals to other worlds started tearing open across the countryside, pulling people in and unleashing all manner of demons and creatures into our world.

That was 6 months ago. Since then, demonic creatures of all kinds have been pouring out of the mines, and the scorched hell on earth that is…was Brimstone. The government denies its existence, and anyone sane steers clear of the whole area, but plenty of folks find they can’t help but be drawn in, whether it’s to try and help somehow or just to find a fortune of their own, doesn’t matter. Everyone wants to be a hero. Damn fools. No one ever escapes… the Shadows of Brimstone.''
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I don't know. Somehow, I'm kinda worried about this game.
I mean I just bought Pathfinder, wich does the whole leveling up campaign stuff really well. And then theres Essen which will probably suck every last penny out of me .

I'm just talking for myself of course, but I don't think this is the perfect timing to start the KS campaign soblue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is FFP prepared for the campaign? I havent seen much about the game yet. All we know is little history and couple of arts...

I`m little worried

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
Is FFP prepared for the campaign? I havent seen much about the game yet. All we know is little history and couple of arts...

I`m little worried

I'm not sure why they chose Kickstarter in the first place. What is their intent in doing a kickstarter versus a normal campaign?

As well it is unclear how much they expect the final product will be influenced by the success of the campaign. I just hate the idea that certain ideas or components don't get added to the game because they didn't make some stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
They stated somewhere that they wanted to fund a really well done production and they wanted to do it right with the right amount of money in order to make it a great game. Bigger than past efforts.
They have been working on it for a long time also. I think it's in the video.
And I'm sure they will announce a lot more when after th 21st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
2 weeks before the KS even begins and we already have the "OMG, I'M SO WORRIED!" people showing up.
Relax... All will be revealed in time.
Remember: Flying Frog doesn't follow the Fantasy Flight model of endlessly hyping a game 365 days before release. Have some faith in the Frog!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, we are saying OMG because we care. hope you thought about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the impression that I got from the Video was that the KS was to be able to include as much bling and awesome models/stuff as possible. They want better models than they have used in past game (not that the models were bad in those) and lots of cool stuff and upgrades. The impression that I got was that the game itself is essentially done, and now the KS is to essentially fund an increased quality in components to make the game super-awesome and to include pieces/bonuses that they wouldn't normally be able to include in a typical game.

Knowing the quality and reliability of FlyingFrog already, this is actually one KS I won't have any fear of not being finished and have complete confidence that it will be well worth the investment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since no one's commented yet, the blog dropped some tidbits about the game itself. Namely...

- The game will support 1-4 players and be fully cooperative, meaning no need for an Overlord/Keeper.

- It can be played solo.

- It will use 35mm minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ex Nihilo wrote:
Since no one's commented yet, the blog dropped some tidbits about the game itself. Namely...

- The game will support 1-4 players and be fully cooperative, meaning no need for an Overlord/Keeper.

- It can be played solo.

- It will use 35mm minis.

Sounds a little like the D&D adventure system...only character development seems much more advanced and there is more of a focus on campaign play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not have to buy any supplements, much better rulebook (shorter, better organization, gets to the point quickly), each combat is much faster to resolve, no need to paint figures to play (it is a punch 'n play), no need to draw on the map or account for hidden or flying units. Very little time wasted on "my character does/says ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
You do not have to buy any supplements, much better rulebook (shorter, better organization, gets to the point quickly), each combat is much faster to resolve, no need to paint figures to play (it is a punch 'n play), no need to draw on the map or account for hidden or flying units. Very little time wasted on "my character does/says ..."

OH no, I meant the D&D adventure BOARDGAME system...not an actual RPG. Oh yeah, I'm with you on that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Gutierrez
Spain
flag msg tools
I hope it is more like warhammer quest that dungeons and dragons adventures because if I do not feel attracted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I hope that it's something new entirely, because otherwise there'd be no point in buying/backing it. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:
And I hope that it's something new entirely, because otherwise there'd be no point in buying/backing it. whistle

Agreed, but like similar games, it involves a group of adventures battling a game AI. It's definitely too early to draw direct comparisons, though the idea of a campaign mode with character evolution is promising.

As well, this is Flying Frog, and I have great confidence in this team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Too early to prophesize Doom... despite the Lovecraftian vibe.

One thing to consider is that it could use the existing FFG character formula:

Fight
Spirit
Lore
Agility
Lives

with items and allies adding to those scores and ability "upgrades" being similar to the character traits on the placards in other FFG games.

It's definitely got my attention and I will see what they have to say in the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
One thing to consider is that it could use the existing FFG character formula:

Fight
Spirit
Lore
Agility
Lives

I thought the FFG character formula was Combat, Spirit, Cunning, Honor, and Wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Well played sir. My games have been locked away for the last year so it's been a while. On the plus side it gave me time to paint!

I confused Combat with Fight [dice] and I don't know where Lore came in for Cunning (maybe it's a FANG thing?) or I could be thinking Lore Check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Well played sir. My games have been locked away for the last year so it's been a while. On the plus side it gave me time to paint!

I confused Combat with Fight [dice] and I don't know where Lore came in for Cunning (maybe it's a FANG thing?) or I could be thinking Lore Check.

Oh, I was just making an ATOE joke (since I prefer that game) -- I thought you were listing the attributes from FANG. FANG uses Lore and Agility instead of Spirit and Honor.

At any rate, it's a good point. I'm assuming Shadows of Brimstone will use a similar set of attributes.

Wild guess: Combat, Cunning, Speed, Sanity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.