Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Someone mentioned in another thread that there will be a KS project for the Big Box. Anyone have any news on when this will happen? Thank you for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably before the end of the year.

I suspect end of this month or sometime next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing...it is on pre-order at MM for a while now...I was just looking for news for the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates? Anyone have a chance to talk to Queen about this at Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
nberndt wrote:

+1

+2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fermin Uribetxebarria
Germany
Ravensburg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered it through Amazon Germany and I received the following message a couple of weeks ago:

"Queen Games 6113 - Fresko Big Box, Brettspiele"
Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: 26. Februar 2014

It will be delayed until February 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
But German version will be available without ****starter right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beatriz Mello
Brazil
Campinas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anthing about kickstarter. But Fresco: Big Box is in Pre-order at Miniature Market:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/qng61121f.html/?utm_source=bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baker
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
Spaceball One... they've gone to PLAID!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcfer wrote:
It will be delayed until February 2014.

cry Was hoping to see it this year. As a stained glass hobbyist, i love the idea behind this game, but have been holding off on purchase, ever since i heard the big box was coming.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. The info is much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more news? Is this definitely going to be on KS first, or is it going to just go straight to retailers? I'm hoping for the latter as I've wanted Fresco for a while, but held off waiting for this box. If it's going to KS first, that's going to mean a longer delay. Bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
Hello I Am Jim
badge
Yo
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
Any more news? Is this definitely going to be on KS first, or is it going to just go straight to retailers? I'm hoping for the latter as I've wanted Fresco for a while, but held off waiting for this box. If it's going to KS first, that's going to mean a longer delay. Bummer.

You and me both. I've wanted this game for awhile now, but have put it off because I want the big box so much more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Kickstarter is up!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/fresco-big-bo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Queen is now kickstarting things they've already made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kumasawa wrote:

a little disappointed in price. is worth it only for those who want the free shipping, otherwise just by from your OLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
old spirit
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:

a little disappointed in price. is worth it only for those who want the free shipping, otherwise just by from your OLGS.

OLGS has the game and the separate expansions coming in at about $100 (after the 30% off). Through Kickstarter it is $70 ($60 for early bird, tweet-tweet ) and the goal was met so a new free board with different art has been included. Free shipping and before retail stores have it. Did you want it cheaper? I feel like I'm making off like a bandit!! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
After reading the details of the KickStarter campaign, I'm a little confused about the release date.

Estimated Delivery says May 2014. Right before the Risks and Challenges section, they have a disclaimer stating that games will be available in North America 6-8 weeks after the EU. So does that mean the game will be available in the EU in May and not available in North America until June/July? Or will it be available in the EU around March/April and available in North America around May?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldspirit wrote:
abe18 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:

OLGS has the game and the separate expansions coming in at about $100 (after the 30% off). Through Kickstarter it is $70 ($60 for early bird, tweet-tweet ) and the goal was met so a new free board with different art has been included. Free shipping and before retail stores have it. Did you want it cheaper? I feel like I'm making off like a bandit!! ninja

the big box will be sold by OLGS in the $55 range, and is already available for preorder at a few of them. Shipping to US backers will not be that much earlier than when available to retailers, if you read their disclaimer about staggered shipping times. what you will get is the extra board. so IMHO to give Queen Games a $60 or $70 interest free loan (with the possibility of defaulting on it) for 5-8 months, to only get rewarded with an extra board - no thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
So Queen is now kickstarting things they've already made?

Queen Games has been doing that for a long time.

And remember, their KS projects are pretty much univerally train wrecks. Missing components, delays, damaged components that are never replaced, outright lies, replacements of promised rewards with cheaper substitutions and some of the worst customer service out there. Think twice before you support this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

the big box will be sold by OLGS in the $55 range, and is already available for preorder at a few of them. Shipping to US backers will not be that much earlier than when available to retailers, if you read their disclaimer about staggered shipping times. what you will get is the extra board. so IMHO to give Queen Games a $60 or $70 interest free loan (with the possibility of defaulting on it) for 5-8 months, to only get rewarded with an extra board - no thanks.

Gotta disagree with you here. Spending an additional $5 for an extra board sounds like a good deal to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
And remember, their KS projects are pretty much univerally train wrecks. Missing components, delays, damaged components that are never replaced, outright lies, replacements of promised rewards with cheaper substitutions and some of the worst customer service out there. Think twice before you support this.

This.

I think Fresco seems like a game my parents will like (they love Carcassonne and Alhambra sorta games), so I want the Big Box, but my experience with them sofar has been horrible. They promised me replacement parts for the Alhambra Big Box I got with their Speculation KS, but nothing yet. Not even an update after I asked for one several times. I just commented on the Fresco comments section about this issue and they just don't respond. They do respond to others though.

I am already worrying what will be missing/wrong with the Fresco Big Box when it arrivés, if I decide to keep my pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Telford
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
After reading all of your comments and seeing them ignore Khonnor's legitimate question in the comments section while quickly answering others questions I decided to cancel my pledge. I only have so much money to spend on games and I'm not risking it on a company with, at best, sketchy customer service. Especially in an industry where so many companies are so excellent in their treatment of their customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
I think Fresco seems like a game my parents will like

It's a pretty solid gateway game, but not necessarily with expansions, so you don't really need big box for that purpose..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Is there enough value in the expansions? Are any of them 'must have' - otherwise it is cheaper to buy the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
I have most of them (expansions)...I would not play without them anymore but with new players its better IMO to play base game then bring the expansions in a little at a time....but as a gamer I would think you would want them all....

My question is....will this last expansion be released as a stand alone...so people like myself that have everything but the 7,8,9 or whatever its call expansion will be available to us...I have no need to buy everything again.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.