Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sobluehi all,
Love the starfleet battles series but broke my cherry on startrek tactical combat simulator.
Now I'm much more into sfb but the game is just soooo ugly out of the box even federation commander is pretty ugly also. and if you scale up to minis the size of the map plus record sheets means you need a football stadium to play in.
So I found a solution that ticks all my boxes.
The outstanding system that is star fleet battles with the improved graphics that were startrek tactical combat sim.

All I did was stick the STTCS counters into my scanner and do a photo quality copy of them at 65% size.

They look amazing and I backed them on card.
Now I can use them for starfleet battles on standard hex grid size and the table looks prettier and I can fit all the record sheets etc on the table with much more room.

Some people would say starfleet battles is about the depth of the system not the looks.

I disagree I think if the game look good it adds so much.
I suppose whatever floats you boat it's all good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Live long... and prosper.

Love those old FASA counters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! Please post some images, if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi buddy
Have posted in creative category don't know if they will allow.
I use these for startrek tactical combat sim also when I'm pushed for room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi they have declined 2 of my photos will try again.
They are saying mainly out of focus but they look fine to me.
Would you like me to send direct to you?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Manes
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
Hi they have declined 2 of my photos will try again.
They are saying mainly out of focus but they look fine to me.
Would you like me to send direct to you?.

You could also post to your account's personal gallery and not have to deal with geekmod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shanton
United States
allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not many people are aware of this but the ADB redid the countersheets to new graphic standards of FC when they had to reprint some of their countersheets awhile back:

http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Scree...

Of course you could always use the MegaHex counters:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
mxslade2000 wrote:
Not many people are aware of this but the ADB redid the countersheets to new graphic standards of FC when they had to reprint some of their countersheets awhile back:

I really like those, I just wish there was some way to do it without those white outlines on dark background counters. It's a minor quibble though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
All I did was stick the STTCS counters into my scanner and do a photo quality copy of them at 65% size.

They look amazing and I backed them on card.
Now I can use them for starfleet battles on standard hex grid size and the table looks prettier and I can fit all the record sheets etc on the table with much more room.

I take it that you've done this means this few month old request I saw yesterday is no longer active.

Jokerman in [article=12856939][/article] wrote:
Hi all
wondered if any one could help me with a great dilemma.
Recently holidaying in Devon and took startrek combat sim with us and had great fun playing it over some beers.
Tragedy... Arrived home to find we had not put the baggy containing the ship pieces and scenery in the box.....
Phoned the cottage and no sign of them.
Anywhoo long story short any possibility of a hires scan of said pieces.?
I would be eternally grateful mine is first edition but any set will do

If so, please edit your post or that thread's title so we know know not to spend time where it's not needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience when a post has been up for over a month no one has any interest in it anyway however thank you for your concern.
You obviously have more time on your hands than most
Yes indeed my problem was solved.
Didn't even know you could edit your post (or anyone who ever has for that matter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one buddy of to order some now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have deleted the thread as you described thx for the input although in all that time only one person acted on it so hopefully I didn't put too many people out.....
Thx again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Making starfleet battles prettier and off topic WIndows stuff
Jokerman wrote:
In my experience when a post has been up for over a month no one has any interest in it anyway however thank you for your concern.
You obviously have more time on your hands than most
Yes indeed my problem was solved.
Didn't even know you could edit your post (or anyone who ever has for that matter).

For older games like this, you know, more than two decades since the license was lost and any copies have been made, the asker can still be keen after years. Especially if someone else happens to have a pristine copy.

After wasting some time Friday evening I got up really early Saturday morning and again tried to connect equipment I haven't used in five years and which I wouldn't have used if not for this. It should have PnPed but I had to uninstall all my USB hubs and then Windows failed to reboot successfully. In the recovery process the Windows programmers had very cleverly included a dialogue box that had to be clicked to restore USB functionality: one wonders how that was to be achieved when both mouse and keyboard were USB devices.

So my request was entirely self-serving and inspired by two or three hours of mucking about with Windows. Glad your problem is solved. Sorry I didn't ask first so I could have spared myself a tiresome start to my weekend but I have at least avoided further needless effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow had no idea that your were trying to locate the file you didn't mention that in your first post.
Probably why it seemed a bit weirded to me.
I must admit my post being that old though would probably have been an idea to ask me particurly if you were hooking up 5 year old equipment.
I actually subsequently purchase to sets of pieces on eBay for a very good price also so having spent a while creating the pieces from the PDF I acquired the real deal.
Thanks for your efforts anywhoo.
I will be a little more carefull about leaving old posts buddy you do make a valid point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Sexton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Scott, the license/contract to create Star Fleet Battles is still active -- it is unique in that it has no expiration date. Amarillo Design Bureau is alive and well. In fact, we just released a new module for SFB.

We are even putting older edition rulebooks for SFB up on e23 because we know that fans would like the information contained in them.

The game still is popular and is being played -- in fact there's a con going on in NY this weekend and I know there's an active group playing out of Questing Knight Games in England.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ADB_Marketing wrote:
Scott, the license/contract to create Star Fleet Battles is still active -- it is unique in that it has no expiration date. Amarillo Design Bureau is alive and well. In fact, we just released a new module for SFB.

Hi Jean, you've misread the story. My post in this thread was about a product by a company other than ADB. That's why none of the SFB fans shouted me down as wrong. I don't know anyone who plays SFB but I do know someone who has a fair size collection of FC so I'm pretty aware of ADB and the ongoing SFU and why the guy on the Klingon Border cover only evokes Kirk-ness rather than being Kirk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Sexton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah! We keep getting comments like "Gosh, I thought you guys were out of business years ago," so I sort of worry that people might think that. (It happens every month or so.)

There is a growing fan group on FB called Star Fleet Battles (https://www.facebook.com/groups/28030634250/) which has over 450 people. Folks may be scattered, but I've seen some people suddenly discover a player just down the road.

Thanks for being understanding about my mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.