Yedo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Complete Mission with Disciple on Bonus Location? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Had a mission card to complete (can't remember which) but the standard reward came from having a disciple on Site A. The bonus reward came from having another disciple at Site B.

Can I remove the disciple on Site B to complete the mission since he's part of it? Or does it have to be the Site A disciple who is removed from the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moline
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it has to be the guy on Site A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Plancke
Belgium
Kortrijk
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has to be guy on side A

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could choose either location, but seeing one of the designers responded I pulled the rules. Note Activate Disciple/Collect Standard Reward occurs in steps 3 and 4, THEN (if still possible) you shown that you meet the Bonus requirements.
Quote:

When you complete a Mission you always do it in the following order:
1. Lay the Mission Card face up on the table
2. Show that you meet all Standard requirements
3. Activate your Disciple
4. Collect the Standard reward
5. (if possible) Show that you meet all Bonus requirements
6. (if possible) Collect the Bonus Reward
7. Place the Mission Card face down onto your “Completed Mission Card” pile next to your Clan board

I still thought that maybe there was some gray since earlier in the rules it notes you can activate from either location, but there is a nice little addendum just below the above section on the scoring mission cards page.

Quote:
You must have a Disciple present at an Assignment space in each of the Dis- tricts shown on the Mission Card. (If a District is shown twice, you must have 2 Disciples in that District.) You activate one of the Disciples to complete the Mission (but it must be in a District shown in the Standard requirements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.