tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret of Yavin 4. There's no units in A Message. I'll be honest, the only thing I can see A Message being useful for is further Christmas treeing the hell out of Yoda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret of Yavin 4 is my pick. There just isn't a single card in that set that I'm ever disappointed to see. Threepio adds a safety net against opponent's effects, Lightsaber Deflection messes up combat math, Twist of Fate completely outclasses Heat of Battle and the protection can be spread around, while Old Ben's Spirit is locked to units you play it on. Message From Beyond has zero units (yes, the Guardians of Peace and Threepio aren't exactly stellar, but they can commit to the force or participate in engagements) and Weapon Mastery/Calm are more conditional to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes and Legends is going to add another layer of Character protection when it drops in 2014.

Check out the objective ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hundreds wrote:
Heroes and Legends is going to add another layer of Character protection when it drops in 2014.

Hmmm.. does this drop out all enhancements? I supose that it does. So this is good for character that works without enhancements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hundreds wrote:

Check out the objective ability.

If only rainbow decks were viable... imagine replacing Rebel Han with Awesome Han to fish for Home One or a Rebel Assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Malakai
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret of Yavin 4.
Protectors set is a MUST in my Jedi decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Wanderer
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Neither. Who needs defense when you can have more offense!

To really answer you question, I prefer Message From Beyond. I like stacking stuff on a couple key characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
If only rainbow decks were viable... imagine replacing Rebel Han with Awesome Han to fish for Home One or a Rebel Assault. :D

Ooh...wow...I hadn't yet thought of it, but you could tutor every turn with this objective and Rebel Han replacing himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Kimball
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BakaMattSu wrote:
The Gas wrote:
If only rainbow decks were viable... imagine replacing Rebel Han with Awesome Han to fish for Home One or a Rebel Assault.

Ooh...wow...I hadn't yet thought of it, but you could tutor every turn with this objective and Rebel Han replacing himself.

Assuming you get that objective on your opening and you draw both Han's out of your 50 card deck...

Definitely Secret of Yavin 4 at this point. Hopefully with the next cycle there will be more options to make interesting sets like Message From Beyond work with its no units, but right now you lose too much consistency by having so few characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nkimball wrote:
Assuming you get that objective on your opening and you draw both Han's out of your 50 card deck... :p

Yeah, probably a pipe dream. Han can tutor himself, so you could fetch the second one with Fall Back or letting him get killed and recurring the first copy with something like Redemption/It Binds All Things/Knowledge and Defense. Drawing into the objective is probably the less reliable part of the combo. Journey to Dagobah, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nkimball wrote:
BakaMattSu wrote:
The Gas wrote:

Assuming you get that objective on your opening and you draw both Han's out of your 50 card deck...

That part should be easy. Play Han, return him to hand, trigger his interrupt, take Han2 into hand, play Han2 and satisfy the objective's requirements.

EDIT: Or I could completely misread the new objective, that works too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.