Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My first game: BASKETmind, a simple yet realistic 5on5 basketball game
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought the Kosmos German edition, with only German rules, and printed the English rules of the 1st edition. Besides the aesthetic changes, everything seems clear, but I have two doubts:

1) Having a look to pictures in the German rules, there seems to be an error in example 4. Red player plays a Green 3, but moves first right to Gray, away from Green.

2) Back to the English rules, they say that "you must finish on the color of the card" but also that "you can cut your movement short if physically blocked (ostriches, lions, crocodiles)". Later, "the only way to finish on a track of different color than the card is by playing it as a 1". So, if the obstacle blocks you from reaching the card's color, you cannot play it, or you must play it as a 1, right?

Oh, a third question, why was it so hard to make an English rulebook for the Kosmos edition? No need of multilingual rulebook, just English...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: German/English rules
franchi wrote:

Oh, a third question, why was it so hard to make an English rulebook for the Kosmos edition? No need of multilingual rulebook, just English...

Maybe Kosmos only acquired the rights to publish a German version...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
I have bought the Kosmos German edition, with only German rules, and printed the English rules of the 1st edition. Besides the aesthetic changes, everything seems clear, but I have two doubts:

1) Having a look to pictures in the German rules, there seems to be an error in example 4. Red player plays a Green 3, but moves first right to Gray, away from Green.

2) Back to the English rules, they say that "you must finish on the color of the card" but also that "you can cut your movement short if physically blocked (ostriches, lions, crocodiles)". Later, "the only way to finish on a track of different color than the card is by playing it as a 1". So, if the obstacle blocks you from reaching the card's color, you cannot play it, or you must play it as a 1, right?

1) The Kosmos rules differ from the Fragor rules in this respect. In the Kosmos rules, you do not always have to move towards your final lane.

2)(Racking memory...) Yes, that sounds correct. The only way to finish on a track with a different colour is by playing it as a 1.

3)They only distributed in Germany, so no need for english rules.

cheers,
Fraser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Fraser.

dicemanjnr wrote:
1) The Kosmos rules differ from the Fragor rules in this respect. In the Kosmos rules, you do not always have to move towards your final lane.
Oh! That's a significant change, can I ask where did it come from? Is it a refinement of the initial rules from you, or a rule they added to make the game even more family friendly? How do you play it?

dicemanjnr wrote:
Well, that is the version that is sold in online shops in France (and I guess other neighboring countries) today. I guess they misscalculated that!

Many non-German speakers must be playing the Kosmos version without the zig-zag rule change...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Thanks Fraser.

dicemanjnr wrote:
Oh! That's a significant change, can I ask where did it come from? Is it a refinement of the initial rules from you, or a rule they added to make the game even more family friendly? How do you play it?

dicemanjnr wrote:
Well, that is the version that is sold in online shops in France (and I guess other neighboring countries) today. I guess they misscalculated that!

Many non-German speakers must be playing the Kosmos version without the zig-zag rule change...

You are spot on. They changed it to be more family friendly. We play it the Fragor way (apparently, like the rest of Europe...) ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dicemanjnr wrote:
You are spot on. They changed it to be more family friendly. We play it the Fragor way (apparently, like the rest of Europe...) ninja

OK, so the Fragor way it is! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.