Le Havre» Forums » General

Subject: Containers for all the Bits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has probably come up before, but I don't see a thread for it. I'm looking for some kind of compact containers for all the bits that can be used while playing the game. Something like the little transparent cups that Tome Vassal used in his video review seem ideal. Has anyone found containers that are sufficiently compact that they can actually be used on the board? Do some folks just dump them out? Maybe use coffe mugs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bloody Purchase
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a bunch of plastic paint containers from an art supply store that fit perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Montanus
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use round bead storage containers from the craft store Michael's. (I tried to find a link to the product on their website but failed - I'm sorry). They have three sizes - the middle size, about 2 inches in diameter, works very well as storage of the bits on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a set of boxes using these files:

Resource Tuckboxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the exact thread where I discovered the containers that I use, but they're the rectangular 4 oz plastic food keepers from the container store. You can place them on the board while playing and they all fit in the box when you're done. Not the cheapest solution, but I think they work really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what we use. http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/ru...

I prefer to flip the box over and use the lid as the container on the game board, but either way works. I bought ours at a Michael's craft store, but I think they sell them at most big office supply stores too (Staples, Office Depot, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
The .07L Really Useful Boxes are the way to go. They fit nearly perfectly into the spots on the board, and even with the lids on, they fit back into the box with room to spare.

I use these with lots of different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
badge
Verkisto wrote:
The .07L Really Useful Boxes are the way to go. They fit nearly perfectly into the spots on the board, and even with the lids on, they fit back into the box with room to spare.

Me too! They're perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Slugocki
United States
Lisle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the dollar store and bought two sets of snack-sized tupperware. Two bucks later and I couldn't be happier with how easy it is to setup/stow the resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/condiment-containers-set-...

They work great and fit perfectly on the spaces on the board. Makes setup and tear down a breeze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So many great response...I have some work ahead of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started out with this:

Now I play the game like this:

(click the images for greater detail)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Container Store SKU 10051815. One box with eight dividers holds and separates all the chits. Fits perfectly into the box with ample room for for all the cards even after sleeving. And SERIOUSLY, my setup and breakdown time is half that of everybody else I've ever seen who uses separate containers for each of the goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got containers very similar to the ones mentioned by Mr. Blue and others at Joann Fabric & Crafts. They're in the sewing organization section and are called Advantus Super Stacker Bitty Boxes - Bitty. They have a smaller size and a slightly larger size. We went ahead with the slightly larger for the cattle and grain, but if you're willing to shake the box to settle them to get the lid on, the smaller will work for cattle and grain as well.

As pp mentioned, though, they're the perfect size for the game board and they make cleanup a breeze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucasbrooks wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

Me too! They're perfect!

I also use those, but I use the 0.14L ones. It was a tight fit with a couple of the resources. Also, Walmart was out of that size when I went there, and I didn't want to play one more game having to use baggies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in the UK and I found a pack of 8 small plastic containers (for baby snacks I think) for £1 in Poundland. They come in a single pack and were in the plastic containers/storage section. They seem the right size but I have not used them yet. They come in various colours so they don't look too bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Storage-Stackable-Containers-Crafts-Fi...

These are awesome! They screw together so when stored, it's just like a long tube of bits. Additionally, them screwing together prevents spillage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jareck80 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Storage-Stackable-Containers-Crafts-Fi...

These are awesome! They screw together so when stored, it's just like a long tube of bits. Additionally, them screwing together prevents spillage.

Am using something very similar for my copy. My only gripe is that the diameter is a little bit too great, so they lid doesn't close perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones I linked to actually fit with room to spare. I had to keep some in a spare bag that wouldn't fit, but it's not many and there seem to be plenty to play the game with in the containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jareck80 wrote:
The ones I linked to actually fit with room to spare. I had to keep some in a spare bag that wouldn't fit, but it's not many and there seem to be plenty to play the game with in the containers.

I see. Mine can contain all the bits, although barely. Guess they might be a bit larger then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.