Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're only 1, and they've already chosen "their color." My toddler insists on playing green in Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy
Germany
flag msg tools
Go Lizards, Go Hogs, Go Illini; and the Army keeps rolling along!
badge
Hillbilly Schwäbisch
mbmbmbmbmb
You go to a restaurant and they say "Dad, let's play a hand of Briscola before the food comes!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know your kids are gamers when...

...they're at Target in the toy aisle and they've already determined they don't like the look on Mr. Monopoly's face.

(I'm sorry, Monopoly! You know I love you!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Preston
United States
Fremont
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You go on vacation and they want to go back to the motel early so we can play games.

Also, you know they are gamers when they start wrangling their friends into playing games every time they come over.

Finally, I knew for sure my oldest was a gamer when she was staying with Grandma and Grandpa for the morning and had set up a game of Dominion and was teaching it to them. Dad likes playing games, but she suckered my mom into playing by telling her it was a "card game." She was 8 at the time. It was one of the proudest moments of my life when I walked in on that beautiful scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fowler
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two days after you've finished a game (which the kid lost), out of no-where, he says "It was SOOOOO close!".

for a writeup, see this Session Report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
... your kids say "chutes and ladders" is for kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
mbmbmbmbmb
They want to only use their personal dice because the ones in the box are "cursed".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...when you go to the toy store to buy them something, and they pick out games instead of toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Dann
Germany
Mannheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... they at least want to play 2 or 3 games.

... when you have to discuss about "your" color. (I play with blue... and my wants too daugther :-) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
... they phone from school to say it's raining and have to stay inside at lunch so can you pleeeeesse bring in X, Y, & Z (= current fav's)

... after-school activities start limiting game time so they insist you all get up 30min early to play something before school

... every time they're invited to a birthday they want you to make a PnP for the gift

... every birthday party they have ends with them hauling out Heroscapeand having a team battle (even though it was packed away and not mentioned as one of the available activities)

... you're racing to the air-port and they freak out because while they're sure you'd have packed X, Y, & Z, they didn't SEE you pack A, B, & C (=quick fillers that require no room to play while waiting between flights)

... you check their pockets before putting clothes in the washer and are as likely to pull out dice as you are tissues (ok so maybe 'as likely' is an exaggeration, but it's happened more than once!)

whistle

Great Thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They design and play their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Cash
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My eight yr old hears me playing Ascension on my ipad while on his way to bed and than asks what my best hero and construct are. After I tell him, he gives me a shoulder shrug and a "meh".

Oh, and my 4 yr old is upset at me because we did not play Downfall of Pompeii today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Once when I was out with my son (he was 3 or 4 at the time), he noticed a poster on a wall that had some hexagons on it as part of its graphic design.

"Look Dad, land tiles"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Our Lady of Perpetual Yelling
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...When your nine year old yells "Score!" In the middle of Goodwill because he's found a nearly new copy of Battle Ball, and offers to pay for it himself so that it is ALL HIS.

...When he designs game after game, and finally (FINALLY!) creates one that is actually playable and has rules anyone can understand. And, you don't have to pretend you're enjoying playing it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Robson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
Available from www.spielmaterial.de
badge
Got a light, mate?
mbmbmbmbmb
... your eight year old, after finishing a Legends of Andor scenario, says "I could design a better scenario than that" and rushes off to get their notebook.

Then being forced to playtest the new scenario two hours later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you ask your 20-month old son if he wants to read a book or play a game and he turns around and grabs Homesteaders off the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know your kids are gamers when...

...they are both teenage boys, and choose to sit at the kitchen table and play a board game with Mom & Dad rather than watch TV or play the Playstation 3! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When he has a tantrum as "we haven't played enough games today" - despite playing multiple games of sleeping queens, zombie dice and forbidden island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When she tells you where every game fits in her top 100, and then sings Tom Vasel's "Top 100" jingle, replacing his name with hers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jacobs
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Your 5 and 3 year old sons argue over who gets to wake up the pretty "Rainbow Queen" first from Sleeping Queens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
When she tells you where every game fits in her top 100, and then sings Tom Vasel's "Top 100" jingle, replacing his name with hers.

Her name isn't Melody is it? lol

I have another one too ..... when their journal entry starts with 'Today I annihilated my mum in a new board game called Tsuro.' then goes on to explain the game ..

Don't know if I should be embarrassed or proud because he really did beat me multiple times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Patrick

Medford
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
....They come to visit for a week with their families and every night they ask "So what are we playing tonight?" cool (working on the g-kids now!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Newey
United Kingdom
British, but currently in Vancouver, Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
... they're rolling dice in utero!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Gerlach
United States
Watertown
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...he wants to start a Boardgame club with his fourth grade classmates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
...she's around 2 and wants to roll dice, place tiles, handle cards and be on Daddy's lap when he's reading rule books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.