I may suddenly have the opportunity to attend. Don't suppose there will be any special, advance sales of Fantastic Four like there were for Dark City at GenCon... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the NYCC website they're not listed as an exhibitor. After seeing your question I got excited and started looking up other publishers. Turns out there will be pretty much no board game love at NYCC.

No Upper Deck, no Paizo (Pathfinder), no Fantasy Flight, no ZMan. Bummed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for hunting around; I suppose I probably should have just done the same myself.

It was a shot in the dark, anyway. Everyone and their mothers will be taking up space and vying for eyeballs at Comic Con, so maybe it's not worth it for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just talking with a friend how it's a missed opportunity. They could've bought a spot to set up even as little as 2 tables. Demoed the game all day for 4 days and potentially sold 100 copies of the base set and maybe both expansions. Even if they came out at a loss (no idea how much an exhibitor table is at NYCC) it still gets the word out about the game. I doubt they'd lose money in a situation like this. So many people go to Comic Con to burn money. Some friends last year spent $200 each and that's not even a fraction of what some people spend there.

But hey, Upper Deck is selling copies anyway, probably not worth the risk, I don't know the figures they have. But it would've been nice to see them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe there isn't as much crossover between gamers and comic fans as we think? Despite the IP?

Although I guess Comic Con really isn't about comics anymore to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Estis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
For the record, I DID get the expansion at NY Comic-Con this past Sunday. It was in a small board/card game booth that I didn't even find until the third day. On top of a shelf I miraculously spotted two copies of it, and quickly snatched one up. I felt very lucky!

Could be they weren't supposed to be selling it early? I don't know. There wasn't any fanfare about it, it was just tucked away on a shelf in the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You ... bastard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.