Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Data Mine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Homchuck
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Can any type of program break the subroutine on Data Mine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
AI programs can break any subroutine, so currently the programs that can break that subroutine are Crypsis, Darwin, and Atman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AI Icebreakers can break any subroutine on any ICE, so Crypsis, Wyrm, Darwin and Atman all work.

Additionally, Data Mine has the sub-type "AP", so Deus X can also break the subroutine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
flag msg tools
badge
experimilk wrote:
AI programs can break any subroutine, so currently the programs that can break that subroutine are Crypsis, Darwin, and Atman.
And Wyrm! Poor, unloved Wyrm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bodasafa wrote:
Can any type of program break the subroutine on Data Mine?

Just to point out that while all AI ice breakers are capable of breaking Data Mine, it's not because they've got the AI subtype. It's because they have abilities that break subroutines, irrespective of the type of ice the subroutine is on.

Compare Corroder:

Corroder wrote:
Break barrier subroutine

To Crypsis:

Crypsis wrote:
Break ice subroutine

Corroder isn't limited because it's a Fracter, it's limited because its ability specifically says its limited.

No subtypes in Netrunner have any inherent mechanics; they're all thematically-linked (e.g. Icebreakers which can break subroutines from Barriers only always have the Fracter subtype), and some of them are referenced by cards, but none of them have an inherent meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I should point out that Kit, if she encounters Data Mine first, can break it as if it is a code gate because of her ability. Everything said in this thread (aside from the AP subtype) is also true of any other Trap card, like Howler or Whirlpool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
experimilk wrote:
And Wyrm! Poor, unloved Wyrm.

And it only takes 6 credits for Wyrm to break the Data Mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.