Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there was a 2 minute soundtrack that had the opening and closing bell used at the NYSE. So that you wouldn't start negotiating until the opening bell was finished and all negotiations would end with the last ring of the closing bell, so you had a little warning to hurry up and complete the trades.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AsNiD9vwQ But maybe not as long!

And according to the history of the bell, it would have been used in the 20s! So thematically it fits.

History:http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/openingclosingbel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
This sounds like a neat idea. Maybe I'll make an MP3 file. However I disagree with waiting for the bell to stop to begin trading. I think as soon as people hear it, they'll want to start. I'd also want it to be that as soon as it rings, people have to stop. Since the video has the clapping sounds as well, if that's loud enough to be heard, then people will know that the bell is about to ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
This sounds like a neat idea. Maybe I'll make an MP3 file. However I disagree with waiting for the bell to stop to begin trading. I think as soon as people hear it, they'll want to start. I'd also want it to be that as soon as it rings, people have to stop. Since the video has the clapping sounds as well, if that's loud enough to be heard, then people will know that the bell is about to ring.

That would be great Brian! I also wondered if there should be some sounds between the two bells, like a muffled group of traders. But not so loud as to be a distraction to the real trading that would be going on. Honestly that might be pointless since its only 2 minutes long.

Let me know if you could use my help in creating it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.