Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
ABGBDGBG is getting to play a round of Disc Golf followed by a beer and a
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Board Game
at Austin Beer Garden Brewery for lunch.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

That was a great day of playing hooky from work today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
shake Hsssssssssssss.

Hella jeals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap. I thought it was an alternate tuning for those new fangled 8 string guitars. I could kinda understand the Open G chord - even with all the open major 3rds - but the low A on the bottom is what made me open the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Which course did you play and how'd you shoot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
Which course did you play and how'd you shoot?

Played at Mary Moore Searight park. Nice course. Didn't play too bad, a bit above par, only one birdy. Weather was nicer than usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I played hooky a couple weeks ago to finally throw two courses near me which I hadn't had the opportunity to play yet - the redesigned Bill Allen Memorial in The Colony (nicely laid out) and Dash's Track in Frisco (an decent pitch and putt to test one's accuracy). I'm glad this fall weather has finally arrived. There never seems to be enough shade on the courses during summers in Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This course is nice, mostly under trees. But DG in Austin the the summer is miserable.

I also like this course cause it has a bunch of ace-able holes. Most holes under 300ft. Not the most challenging course, but some nice features. Rivery in Georgetown, and Austin Ridge Bible Church..and maybe even metro park are some hard ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I've played Searight. Lots of limestone and scrub grass on that course. I do like it, though. The one in Austin I miss playing is Pease. I enjoyed the layout of that one and the shade it afforded. It's been too long since I last played in Austin. I'll have to remedy that with a road trip one day soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
Oh, I've played Searight. Lots of limestone and scrub grass on that course. I do like it, though. The one in Austin I miss playing is Pease. I enjoyed the layout of that one and the shade it afforded. It's been too long since I last played in Austin. I'll have to remedy that with a road trip one day soon.

Yeah, the closing of Pease park is total BS. They are doing nothing for the "so-called" recovery. And they still let runners, walkers, dogs, and everyone else under the sun use it as much as they want.

I think Pease was taken down as a political move, and I doubt they will ever re-open it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame. Austin lost a good course there.

See you on the course at BGG.CON. It'll be good to get some fresh air and exercise after a few days inside sitting at the tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.