Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the 24 hour contest October 2013
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

To keep it simple, this month's additional requirement is:

Cards

Whether you pick cards as a theme (and create a dicegame revolving around cards) or as a mechanic is completely up to you.

p.s.: I'll toss 5 at anyone creating a game requiring 9 or 18 cards.
An extra 5 for any project, that gets refined and published after this contest at http://www.goodlittlegames.co.uk/

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.: I'm stressing it out, once again:
In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

If you could please do me a favour and present your game along with a short description in your posting. That would make some geeklist entries easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess im the 1st one
I started at 7:30 am at work actually this morning lol
Ive finished now a very basic colour friendly plan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DESCRIPTION: Platinum Blades is a 18 card, small skirmish game that puts two players dueling with swords trying to outmaneuver each other to score 3 rounds to be the victor

Rules Link (The rules are actually on the component cards)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdt31be05aev2oo/Platnium%20Blades%...

Card Link (Print twice to have the right amount of cards)

(2 Rules Cards, 4 Block Cards, 4 Parry Cards, 4 Attack Cards and 4 Bludgeon Cards)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umrqrqy7rt8e2w6/Card%20Set%20x%202...

EDIT MADE SOME UPDATED GRAPHICS YAY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice and simple mAnIk! Looks like this could scale pretty well to more players (just need more decks) and the winner could be determined by player elimination. Can't play a card? You're out and play moves on to the next player, and so on until there is only one player left.

Damn I need to find myself 24 hours where I have no prior commitments...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Levandowski
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's my problem this month. I just don't know when I'll be able to put 24 hours aside...

Kai, can you add a day to the month set aside just for this contest? That would help me out a lot kthnxbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhmm .. what?

I don't make the calendar .. sorry ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Levandowski
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a guy can dream...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Peasley

Albany
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting as of now. Will complete before the deadline this time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Peasley

Albany
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Cards of a Shattered Star

It's a card game, using a standard deck of french-suite cards along with some other supplies, depicting the struggle of the mech-controlling faction of the Hia-Mond Collective against the Clade Swarm's ravening insect swarms and Infected and former Hia-Mond war walkers, the 'Subs.'

Players compete in an asymmetric battle for control, as the Red side drops durable and repairable drop-pods filled with battle-ready mechs, while the Black side directs ravening swarms of insectoid monsters in a series of feints and overwhelming onslaughts to overwhelm the enemy and wrest control of the valuable resources contained in the drop pods themselves.

Forces evolve over time, as mechs become infected and change loyalties to support the Black Clade Swarm, while the Red Hia-Mond mechs repair after battles and re-enter the fray in subsequent battles through the hidden deployment of the drop pods. You can even play solitaire, or against another veteran deck, to determine which battlegroup will wrest control of the Cradle of the Gods Nebula.

The cards of fate have been cast. Choose your side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok....I am going to give this a go.....sounds fun and challenging. The same two things that drew me to become A more serious gamer in the first place....

Start time 2:42pm Hawaii standard time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay some competition Well at least il be 2nd for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoctorMike Reddy
United Kingdom
Aberdare
RCT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few days right at the end of the month that are free. Never done a 24 hour board game jam...
Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Peasley

Albany
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tott wrote:

Man, if I lived where you do I would never be able to drag myself off of the beach for love or money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkPrince010 wrote:
Tott wrote:

Man, if I lived where you do I would never be able to drag myself off of the beach for love or money.

Lol.... Yeah it is hard....lol

As for my game... I created it all on iPad drawing / notes program and the basic rules are done. Now on to the advanced rule set .. One hour and a few minutes left....it is a race for time... 24hr goes by soooooo fast...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Done.....boy I wish I had more time...this could be a good one.....well in my mind...but then again I may be biased as I just worked on this for teh last 24 hours.....just don't laugh too hard....lol

Uploading to dropbox from notability on my iPad now. Will update with link as soon as it is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/vkrgjbep6bcjwrh/cVBLdCI...

Here ya go..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is called "keep it up" the RC helicopter simulator on a gameboard.

It uses 18 custom cards and 2 custom dice and plays from 1-2 players currently with more players available in the future expansions / refinements of this game.

Sorry it is not print and play but you can see they are not artwork heavy and would be easy to create your own rendition. I plan on refining this game for my own use and will update with better artwork and design as that happens. In its current form, this is what you get from me in a 24 hour start to finish game........ENJOY.

Tott wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peace Chaser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Looks pretty good man. Great work! I feel kind of inspired now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I think I want to try this one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to set aside a block of 24 hours for another two weeks.

In the mean time though, I did download and print several of the games on Good Little Games. I wasn't aware of that site, so thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Wong
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Wow, this one took longer than I expected - 15 hours. Had to wake up early on a holiday to get it done in 24 hours .

Kingswood - Search for the treasure. Has a thematic tie in to the game I'm planning to Kickstarter (Crossroads of Kingswood).

I'll have a second post for the rules pdf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Wong
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer

Kingswood - Search For The Treasure.

An October 2013, 24 hour PnP.

Search for the treasure is an asymmetric game.
One player plays the explorer, looking for the fabled treasure in the Kingswood, and one plays the gremlin, trying to stop him.

Contents: 18 cards, 1 token, and a rules page.

Rules pdf: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87151534/BGG/Kingswood-S...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vandel Arden
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Hi, I will try too.

Its 10am German Time. The Name of the game is "1348: The Great Plague".
The Players take the Role of a exterimental Medicus who try to use unorthodox ways to prevent the City to collapse under the Great Plague known as the Black Death. He has 4 stats, 0-10 HealthPoints(HP), 0-10 Knowlegdepoints(KP),0-100 Experience(XP) and 0-100 Gold. Additionally I may add Reputation between -5 to +5.

HP is Lost while handling the Sick and the Dying ones. Knowledge points are gained by working against the Plegue. The more unorthodox the studies are, the more KP will be earned. This KP can Be spend on Actions or more Researches to gain more KP. If the unorthodox methods fail, you losing Reputation resulting in less support from the city Gouverneur.

The City is composed of 4 Cards with 4 locations on each of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is probably not the best time to toss my hat into the ring but I'll give it a shot as well. 10:10PM Pacific time, though I'm certain I won't be able to get started till morning...

Since this is my first go at this I'm not 100% clear on the rules so hopefully I don't screw up. I plan on using creative commons/ royalty free images (and photos) and playing with them in photoshop a bit. Hopefully that counts as me "doing all of the art".

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding (and/or manipulating) images counts as "doing all of the art", too

Go for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Unfortunately I actually got called into work so I'm fairly certain I won't be able to get a game in on time... I'll still try to wrap it up and post it cause it's the best game of all time! or something.

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.