So... As the subject says...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I went with Tsuro of the Seas because it added a new gameplay option and it looks better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueTegu wrote:
So... As the subject says...

I'd pick up the latter, if they are priced similarly.

I didn't feel the Kaiju mechanic added a whole lot to the game, but you can always play the original Tsuro on the Tsuro of the Seas board (although the TotS board is 7 x 7 instead of 6 x 6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both and far prefer the original Tsuro. Too much randomness in the Sea one for me, I can't plan a strategy as effectively. I love the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

Original, I always wonder why light strategy games in their expansions always add more "depth" to the base game.

This is a good game if approached with the knowledge that it is a light strategy game (and strangely relaxing) and leave it at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was asking this myself recently and in the end decided to go with the original as a) I much prefer it's aesthetics, and b) I feel the game-play is stronger without the extra luck elements added ..

You certainly can play the the original on the TotS board, but the grid is larger and some of the tiles are duplicates in that version ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Barbie
msg tools
mbmb
The original because I like the theme better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I liked the original colors better but ended up buying the sequel for the added changes. I felt the original was too simplistic. The sequel has a more meatier feel to me while still being a light game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Tsuro of the Seas and I now only ever play it without the extra rules. ie: I play it as if it was the original, just with a slightly bigger board.

I found that adding the kaiju simply turned it from a fun, fast, light filler into a slightly-too-long light filler. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all went with the original
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.