Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryman wrote:
Excuse my stupid question, but I have only played board games before and never encountered add-on cards. Should I shuffle any add-on cards in with their appropriate piles from the base set?
Thank you for your help!

If you have the 'Character Add-On Deck', they should be shuffled into the same piles from the base set from the start.

The Adventure Pack 1, "Burnt Offerings" should be shuffled into the same piles from the base set once you start the adventure path. If you're playing the first base Adventure Path with the 3 starting scenarios, you don't add them in yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
There is a Character Add On Deck that allows you play with up to 6 players, giving you more characters and more basic cards to allow you to play with that many players. Then there are adventure decks, which I think you are calling "Add-On Cards". The Character Add On Deck you can put those in right off the bat.

The adventure decks are a little different. You are supposed to add them when you start the adventure. So if you play the Perils of the Lost Coast adventure, you wouldn't add the Burnt Offerings cards in to the respective decks until you start on that adventure path.

This is an except from Page 4 of the rule book.

"If You’re Playing the Adventure Path, put the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path card faceup on the table. It lists the adventures that make up the Adventure Path, starting with Burnt Offerings, as well as the reward you’ll get for completing the Adventure Path. Whenever you start a new adventure in the Adventure Path, add all of the cards from that adventure deck to the box, sorting all of the cards by type and combining them with the cards you already have in the box."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a side note, can anyone tell me (or direct me to the thread that says it) what the plan will be after the 6th scenario is out? Is the game just..over at that point? Or will there be more releases with which we can use our advanced characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: I have the basegame on its way to me. Should I pick up the character deck to make the game more interesting and get some better characters to play with? I will only be playing 2p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bradshaw
United States
Farmington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Norbert666 wrote:
Related question: I have the basegame on its way to me. Should I pick up the character deck to make the game more interesting and get some better characters to play with? I will only be playing 2p.

I think the characters in the base set will provide you with lots of replyability, especially when you're only playing with 2 characters at a time. They have a wide range of abilities and play styles.

I plan to grab the character add-on soon, but I don't think it's a must-buy right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
As a side note, can anyone tell me (or direct me to the thread that says it) what the plan will be after the 6th scenario is out? Is the game just..over at that point? Or will there be more releases with which we can use our advanced characters?

We don't know. It's clear that if this is a success they'll continue to make stuff for it in the form of more subscriptions (like they do with other Pathfinder stuff), but nothing has yet been said about what form that will take. We know that plenty of gamers are making alternate scenarios, though.

It's possible that they will make an adventure path that would continue on with your characters from Rise of the Runelords. It's also possible that they will start a brand new adventure path that includes fresh characters (or that you could use with reset characters from RoR).

But seeing as they've still got 5 more adventure packs to release and guessing that they're probably reeling from the flood of rules issues that they'd probably want to fix before the next cycle, I don't expect we'll hear much about the next thing until next spring or summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymous anonymous, a name so nice you got to say it twice. I think you should hold off on any expansions until you give the base set a shot first. I think it's good, but you should play it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:

Depends on your playing style and preferences. Personally, I like playing paladins and one of my frequent gaming friends likes playing monks. I went ahead and bought the add-on since I knew I'd get usage out of it, even though I usually play with 2 or 3 people at a time. There's certainly no harm in it. If you see base characters that you're interested in playing, by all means, play 'em first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grillini
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I understand correctly the Base Set cards are always in play (unless some scenario works differently) and you have to add the adventure cards when you play that adventure only (for example Set1), then you have to sort them out if you begin another adventure and again add other adventure cards (for example Set2) to the Base Set. I'm correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
grillarco wrote:
So if I understand correctly the Base Set cards are always in play (unless some scenario works differently) and you have to add the adventure cards when you play that adventure only (for example Set1), then you have to sort them out if you begin another adventure and again add other adventure cards (for example Set2) to the Base Set. I'm correct?

No. You do not remove the cards from the first adventure when you start the second adventure. Look at the Rise of the Runelords adventure path card. It tells you that you will begin removing cards with the "basic" trait when you start the third adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.