Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Kabara
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally posted on www.throatpunchgames.com A new idea everyday!

Game: Elder Sign: Omens
Players: 1
Playtime(setup/play/clean-up): 20 minutes
Set Ending: Kind of
TL;DR- An excellent iOS/Android game!-92.5%

How You Play: See my review of Elder Sign http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1015452/my-review-of-elder-s...! It plays almost exactly like the real game. AND THAT IS AWESOME! The only change is it starts with four heroes.

Theme: Remember above when I got mad and I wanted a smaller pool of cards for each monster? THIS GAME HAS IT. The card pool is limited for each monster. Its not perfect because no cards directly reference the big bad, but its a hell of a lot more. Also if you play a bit more, you get games that are crazy full of theme as you go after Cthulhu in a separate game board entirely! 4/5

Mechanics: Roll dice, look at card, repeat. That's it. It was awesome before, its awesome now! I with I could go back a bit and look at some of the cards in my hand when I make some decisions on the iPad, but that's an iPad/android problem. It's caused me a make a few mistakes and cost me a game or two. 4.5/5

Art/Components: Use many of the in game art stuff from the board game and adds excellent sounds! Creepy as all hell. 5/5
Instructions: It's got video walkthroughs that are excellently done. DONE AND DONE! 5/5

Final Thoughts: If you like Elder Sign, then this is an auto buy. There is no question. Get the expansions because they are worth it! Great game, with lots of theme. New game modes for the expanded old ones. Great graphics and music. FANTASTIC! 18.5/20-92.5%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you can start with just 1 investigator if you wish. Nobody forces you to take a full team. Also the spells work differently as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.