Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Pierce
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finland DOW on Russia. 17.4 "On the turn immediately following an attack by Germany on the USSR, move the Finn Diplomatic marker one step in favor of Germany."

If Finland is at Diplomatic level G3 when Germany DOW's Russia on Turn 16 (May-June 1941) does this movement to Axis ally occur during the Axis Diplomacy Action phase, or before anything happens at all (i.e. would Germany get Finland's MSP's for Turn 17?)

Invasion Question #1 Two Italian Fleets carrying two German corps leave to conduct an Amphibious Invasion. Does the Axis have to declare where the invasion is going? The UK successfully conducts a convoy interception. Can the Axis call off the Invasion? Change the invasion target (if forced to declare the invasion hex previously)

Invasion Question #2 Does Strait control affect invasions? i.e. Can the Italians invade the port of Suez the first turn they're in the war?

Airborne Assault Procedure Question 12.5.1 "If the battle is lost, the parachute corps is eliminated." When is this determined, after the combat phase or the follow-up combat phase? I can see a case where a Germany Airborne unit drops on a large stack of enemy units and battle isn't determined to be won or lost until the very end of the turn.

Thanks,
Stuart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Navoril wrote:
Airborne Assault Procedure Question 12.5.1 "If the battle is lost, the parachute corps is eliminated." When is this determined, after the combat phase or the follow-up combat phase? I can see a case where a Germany Airborne unit drops on a large stack of enemy units and battle isn't determined to be won or lost until the very end of the turn.

My interpretation would be that as the Combat Phase and Follow Up Combat Phase are two separate phases in the SoP, and that the wording for parachute corps specifically refers to the Combat Phase, then the Parachute Corps would be eliminated if the enemy stack isn't forced to retreat or eliminated during the Combat Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navoril wrote:
Finland DOW on Russia. 17.4 "On the turn immediately following an attack by Germany on the USSR, move the Finn Diplomatic marker one step in favor of Germany."

If Finland is at Diplomatic level G3 when Germany DOW's Russia on Turn 16 (May-June 1941) does this movement to Axis ally occur during the Axis Diplomacy Action phase, or before anything happens at all (i.e. would Germany get Finland's MSP's for Turn 17?)

It occurs on the following turn. So if it conducted an end-of-turn on 16, then they would gain on 17. If a surprise attack on 17, then the Finns would not move their marker until turn 18 and the German player would receive the MSPs for the first time on 18.

Quote:

Invasion Question #1 Two Italian Fleets carrying two German corps leave to conduct an Amphibious Invasion. Does the Axis have to declare where the invasion is going? The UK successfully conducts a convoy interception. Can the Axis call off the Invasion? Change the invasion target (if forced to declare the invasion hex previously)

The player moves to its destination across the zone. The opposing player decides whether or not to intercept. Conduct intercept, then invade or stay where you are. (You may choose not to unload remaining troops. The fleets return at the end of the turn.)

Quote:

Invasion Question #2 Does Strait control affect invasions? i.e. Can the Italians invade the port of Suez the first turn they're in the war?

Absolutely. You must control a straight to send naval units across it (exception: German subs, see 12.3.1). You also must invade from an all-sea hex (no land in the hex)...

Quote:

If the battle isn't won in the combat phase, then the para unit is eliminated. In other words, they are not meant to be used in situations with extremely heavy resistance (..unless you consider them expendable vs. the potential gain)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.