Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
80 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Any guesses on Starlight Crusade Funding, The Cleaners and Hellion Alpha Test? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since FFG won't throw us a bone, I'd thought we would ponder on previous ones:

I think we can make guesses on these cards by asking ourselves these questions:

Starlight Crusade Funding
What effect on a neutral card justifies you losing a click, when said card only costs 1 credit? It can't be too big of an effect. Any ideas? Maybe gain 1 credit and draw 1 card? or is that too good for a neutral resource that costs 1 credit? If my guess is right, do you think it means this card would have more than 0 influence?

The Cleaners
Well, the name is a hint. I'm guessing it's would be "when scored" effect. Maybe purge virus counters or lose all BP? or is that too weak for what I'm assuming is a 5/3? also I doubt it's that if only based on the art. What do you think it can be? It seems like they're burying bodies, so maybe "when you score ~, trash all connections"?

Hellion Alpha Test
No real clue here, but be my guest. I'd love to hear what you think. Maybe allows you to rez an ICE for the cost of 1 BP? or rez an ICE for free if the runner is tagged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cleaners is going to get rid of BP. They're burying the evidence, as it were.

Hellion Alpha Test is probably (tagless, because dogs are their own trackers?) meat damage. Or tagging. Cyborg attack dogs. They're not quiet, but they get the job done.

Starlight Crusade Funding is of type Resource and says "...ur turn begins, lose [click]" -- my best guess would be "When your turn begins, lose [click] and gain [some amount of cash]." Maybe 3 credits? 4 would probably be too strong. 2 feels too low for a mandatory click loss -- MO is an optional 2 credits per click action, and can be repeated multiple times a turn without duplicate cards. One click per turn for 3, on the other hand, is the efficiency limit that Katie approaches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
2 feels too low for a mandatory click loss

Uh, well Hard at Work is right there and it costs 5 credits to install!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellion Alpha Test makes me think of the Rat Thing. Weird little robot/animal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually kind of liking my idea of Starlight Crusade Funding, that is

"When your turn begins, lose [click], then gain 1[credit] and draw 1 card."

I'm guessing it would be 1 influence.

It's to Professional Contacts what's Hard at Work is to Magnum Opus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Off topic, but since you arrange simultaneous triggers, you can use Fisk and Record Reconstruction to give the Corp a random card from archives. this is not actually that useful but extremely hilarious with Director Haas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Judging from the background, The Cleaners is a Weyland agenda, so it would make sense to remove all BP for scoring a 5/3 agenda. Of all the corporations, they are the ones who most easily earn BP. Then again, wiping all BP might be too strong, so maybe just 1 or 2? Then again, if we compare to Elizabeth Mills...

I can't really guess on Starlight Crusade Funding. I find it odd that Hard At Work isn't unique like Wyldside, which means a person could earn 6 credits and have only one click left per turn. Whatever SCF does, it ought to be something unique that cannot be replicated easily.

Hellion Alpha Test is HB's first Black Ops card. It'll definitely attack the runner, possibly as meat damage. Normally, HB specializes in brain damage, but I don't see how that thing could do it. It might be a foray into meat damage, although I couldn't guess at the how much or the conditions therein. I suppose we'll just have to wait for the second teaser for Second Thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaminghito wrote:
Off topic, but since you arrange simultaneous triggers, you can use Fisk and Record Reconstruction to give the Corp a random card from archives. this is not actually that useful but extremely hilarious with Director Haas?

Yep, you could do that, though you get to choose the card. I think you hit the nail on the head with there only being one really useful case for it. Any other card the corp is likely to be happy to have back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beepers wrote:
My guess for Starlight Crusade Funding would be "When your turn begins, lose 1 click and lose 1 brain damage". In the Android universe, the Starlight Crusade was a religious organization that provided "free" healthcare, but this healthcare was really only free to the well-off who could offer something in return. In the context of my proposed effect, it seems to be costed right at 1. Obviously it'd work best in an Anarch build with 3x Stimhack, perhaps Spinal Modem, and an Aesop's Pawnshop to turn Starlight Crusade off when you're finished.

It's an interesting idea, certainly--and I'd love a way to actually remove brain damage. (Not just offset it, as with Public Sympathy.)

Quote:
With a title like "The Cleaners", this card is bound to be more meat damage for Weyland Kill. Maybe something like "For every advancement counter over 5, do 3 meat damage". This works nicely in a Weyland deck packing "Punitive Counterstrike", putting the Runner in a late game lose-lose scenario in which if they don't steal the agenda, it hits 7 counters for 6 meat damage and kills you, and if they do steal the agenda, you get hit by 2 subsequent Punitive Counterstikes for 6 meat damage and it kills you (this scenario, by the way, countered nicely by Exploratory Romp).

Here I disagree. Cleaners don't kill--they cover up. Think the Wolf from Pulp Fiction. I like the idea that overadvancing this means removing BP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing The Cleaners will work like Wotan, 5/3 probably won't overadvance, but if it had 2-3 power counters that you can use to remove BP? That seems decent depending on the deck you're running
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Given what someone said above regarding Starlight Crusade being a medical thing in the android universe my hunch is it'll be lose a click and put a counter on it, then trash with a certain number of counters to heal 1+ brain damage, maybe 1 per x counters. I'm thinking a trash effect because for that much less to install than hard at work it's got to be a one-off or something very minor which wouldn't be worth a click/turn

Cleaners is surely going to interact with BP in some way, but whether it'll be wipe when scored, counters to remove individually or even giving a new virus-purge like action is impossible to predict. Whatever it is, it'll have to be damn good to replace Government Contracts.

Hellion I don't really have any well thought out ideas. I really liked the 'do 3 net damage then they draw 3 cards' suggestion someone else made as a neat way of interacting with HB's brain damage cards, but the picture is clearly a real-world (if robotic) critter, making meat damage/tagging/killing resources more likely results. Possibly a way to kill resources without requiring tagging? But it seems too cheap for that, and pretty cheap for anything, so maybe a double or it has some sort of prerequisite.

Edit: Is there a set order to Operation subtypes? I just noticed double comes before grey ops on invasion of privacy so that might nerf that idea for hellion. I can't think of any others with more than 1 type off the top of my head to check...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I see a few possibilities for the helion alpha test:

1) Something that mods ice like oversight AI, but I don't know why that would be a black ops as they tend to lead directly to runner death. However, something that rezzed the ice, prevented clicks from being paid to break said ice, and then trashed the ice when everything was broken would be a pretty decent ability; maybe even something that brings an ice back from the archives with that sort of ability.

2) Something that trashes things like programs that the runner has, perhaps in exchange for BP, but probably in response to a successful run.

3) Do 1 damage to the runner for each brain damage they have.

4) Something that does 1 brain damage after an agenda is stolen.

----------

Starlight Funds might give you money for the bad pub the corp has accumulated, maybe 1 each. Perhaps with a sac clause to get rid of a brain damage?

----------

The cleaners seems like it would either prevent bp, power tokens to remove it, or actions to remove it; I personally like the prevent bp; yet, clearing all bp on advance would also be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon bradford
msg tools
mbmb
scifantasy wrote:

Here I disagree. Cleaners don't kill--they cover up. Think the Wolf from Pulp Fiction. I like the idea that overadvancing this means removing BP.

Then again Leon in The Professional was also referred to as a 'cleaner'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my guesses:

Lose 1 click, and gain Credits equal to the number of bad publicity the corp has.

The Cleaners
Put 3 counters on The Cleaners when you score it
Hosted agenda counter, Click:Trash a Resource: Connection

Hellion Alpha Test
Use only if the runner is tagged
Do 2 brain damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the idea that Starlight Crusade Funding will gain credits equal to BP.

Kayhole: Based on the line phrasing, it's very likely that keyhole is one of the following:

Click: Make a run on [HQ/RnD/Archives]. Instead of accessing cards you may look at the top 3 cards of R&D and trash [one/any] at no cost (even if it could not normally be trashed) and then [trash keyhole/take 1 tag/do something else small like draw a card or gain a credit].

Hellion Alpha Test could be a reprint of I got a rock

take that Account Siphon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the turn, lose [click]. Gain ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing I immediately notice of Starlight Crusade Funding is that on Wyldside and Hard at Work both put the upside before the 'lose a Click'. SCF has "At the start of your turn, lose a Click...".

I don't think there's an and there. I think you lose a click each turn in exchange for a powerful paid ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:

Kayhole: Based on the line phrasing, it's very likely that keyhole is one of the following:

Click: Make a run on [HQ/RnD/Archives]. Instead of accessing cards you may look at the top 3 cards of R&D and trash [one/any] at no cost (even if it could not normally be trashed) and then [trash keyhole/take 1 tag/do something else small like draw a card or gain a credit].

The polish translation has been spoiled, and you can see something about "Then shuffle..." so I think its either shuffle R&D, or shuffle the top few cards you are returning.
Tekkactus wrote:
The thing I immediately notice of Starlight Crusade Funding is that on Wyldside and Hard at Work both put the upside before the 'lose a Click'. SCF has "At the start of your turn, lose a Click...".

I don't think there's an and there. I think you lose a click each turn in exchange for a powerful paid ability.

Hmm I see what you mean about Starlight crusade. Maybe lose a click at the start of your turn and
Click:Gain 1 credit for each BP the corp has?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
mbmb
ranapuer wrote:

If it's a reprint of an ONR card it'd have to be Schlaghund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talain wrote:
ranapuer wrote:

If it's a reprint of an ONR card it'd have to be Schlaghund.

We all love Schlaghund, but I sincerely doubt he's coming back in any recognizable form. The ability is just too tied to the die rolling mechanic, which isn't part of A:NR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
My current guesses after reading this thread..

Starlight Crusade Funding: Lose click. +5 hand limit. NM, funding sounds too credit related..

The Cleaners: 3 counters. Hosted counter: Remove 1 badpub.

Hellion Alpha Test: If tagged, 1 meat and 1 brain. Gain 1 badpub.

Keyhole: Run RnD. Instead, look at top 3 cards, trash one operation. Then corp shuffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe Hellion Alpha Test trashes hardware?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Dovian wrote:
flaminghito wrote:

Yep, you could do that, though you get to choose the card. I think you hit the nail on the head with there only being one really useful case for it. Any other card the corp is likely to be happy to have back.

Enigma, Datapike and Viktor 1.0 after Yog.0 has been played would also be pretty irritating to re-clog your hand with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
And yet, I still bother.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cleaners: 2/5 "Fetal AI"-type, remove BP rather than deal net damage.

Or not...

Either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tberton wrote:
Dovian wrote:
flaminghito wrote:

Enigma, Datapike and Viktor 1.0 after Yog.0 has been played would also be pretty irritating to re-clog your hand with.

Well no, because you just re-discard them next turn, so it's not irritating at all.

Now, if we get a card making Corp discards random...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.