GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,807 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Villain Group: Wrecking Crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Grabowski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Villain Group: Wrecking Crew

Name: Bulldozer
Quantity: 2
Victory Points: 3
Power: 5
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Bulldozer next to the Streets. Villains in the Streets get +1[Power].

Name: Piledriver
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Piledriver next to the Rooftops. Villains on the Rooftops get +1[Power].

Name: Thunderball
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Thunderball next to the Bank. Villains in the Bank get +1[Power].

Name: The Wrecker
Victory Points: 4
Power: 6
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack The Wrecker next to the Bridge. Villains on the Bridge get +1[Power].

For this Villain Group I wanted each Villain to have some effect on a city space. The card effects may seem redundant, but a recent play test proved that this Villain Group plays well. Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
SamuraiWindu wrote:
Villain Group: Wrecking Crew

Name: Bulldozer
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Bulldozer next to the Streets. Villains in the Streets get +1[Power].

Name: Piledriver
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Piledriver next to the Rooftops. Villains on the Rooftops get +1[Power].

Name: Thunderball
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack Thunderball next to the Bank. Villains in the Bank get +1[Power].

Name: The Wrecker
Victory Points: 4
Power: 6
Special Ability:
Escape: Stack The Wrecker next to the Bridge. Villains on the Bridge get +1[Power].

For this Villain Group I wanted each Villain to have some effect on a city space. The card effects may seem redundant, but a recent play test proved that this Villain Group plays well. Let me know what you think.

Great and unique game mechanic.

I would add a Global Effect for all where their own personal power goes up by +1 when they are in the appropriate square as well.

I think Wrecker as the leader would be more apt for the Bank than Thunderball, but that is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things

I think the crew stinks in comics but is awesome here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the poster above me. I love that they all have a uniform theme, but I have problems with them only having triggers upon Escaping. It makes them unthreatening from a competitive point of View. (Unless, of course, you're playing Storm, or Blade)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grabowski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
maverick0023 wrote:
I think Wrecker as the leader would be more apt for the Bank than Thunderball, but that is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things
Since The Wrecker is the most powerful of the bunch (and the most likely to escape), I wanted him to be placed on the Bridge so that players would get the sense that the difficulty was increasing as they allow villains to progress through the city. This idea may not play out so well with the new Galactus Mastermind, but I suppose we can't have everything. You can see him here: http://upperdeckstore.com/entertainment/fantastic-four-legen...#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if they escaped at their city spaces...Wrecker at the bridge, Thunderball at the bank etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grabowski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Jimmythecritic wrote:
What if they escaped at their city spaces...Wrecker at the bridge, Thunderball at the bank etc?
Do you mean something like:
"When the Wrecker reaches the Bridge he escapes."
and
"When Thunderball reaches the Bank he escapes."

If so, this may seem like a good idea at first, but it would be a game breaking mechanic. The game is balanced in such a way that Villains are expected to have to move through five city spaces before they escape. Card effects like this would break that mechanic as well as cause issues with cards like Storm's uncommon "Spinning Cyclone" and Blade's common "Stalk The Prey".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.

I don't think this would break the game any more than Galactus will...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.