Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this last night and me and a buddy got a little stopped up when it came to the retreat results on the Combat Results Table.

To read it in the rules Section 6.33
There is no mention of an r1 result meaning a loss and a retreat. It states that an r1 is simply retreat one space.

But looking at the CRT this becomes a little confusing because if you look at the 1-1 chart a roll of a 1 receives a lone retreat result, while a 2 or a 3 actually equals a loss.

Things are made further confusing by the text beside the actual CRT which states that: R is in addition to indicated number of units eliminated.

Then there is the matter of the CRT itself which features results of r1 as well as results of 1r.

Does the first mean retreat one space and the second mean retreat and lose one unit or monster point?

Very confusing.

And, yes, easy to house-rule and I highly doubt that whoever could make an official ruling on this probably doesn't frequent the BGG forums these days.

But I am still curious and would love to hear people here are playing/interpreting it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Beckner
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The number always indicates losses (boxes for monster, units for human), the "r" indicates retreat one space. (Why they wrote it r1 and 1r is a question that will never be answered...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the reply.

That's definitely what feels the most intuitive, based on the way the CRT is balanced. Guess I just needed to hear it from someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.