Jonathan Liu
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wondered if anyone has tried combining sets to play a 3 or 4 player game of Starship. Think it would work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Askew
United Kingdom
Pelaw, Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI,

Just played Starship Catan for the first time today (finally). I thought exactly what you'd said.

I'm sure it would work, and would be just as much fun, although it may take a little longer.

Anyone tried this yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason I ask about this is because I bought my copy of Starship used, and every single card (and all the modules, and the starship pieces themselves) are marked with little blue dot stickers. The only reason I could think of for this was that somebody had combined sets and played with more people, but I wonder if you'd have 8 stacks in the middle, or change the number of VPs to win, etc.

I've got another friend who has Starship--if we ever get 4 people together and try it, I'll report how it goes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
try this:
Four player version

have you tried it any other way since your last post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.