Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
MENTE, MANU ET INSTRUMENTUM
mbmbmbmbmb

Just received my copy of 'Colonization. Not to overstate things; there's no tragedy here. But, I do think that a publisher ought to explicitly state that his product is unboxed and a "Ziploc" distribution. That is to say, the default expectation is for a boxed product.

Sierra Madre could have kept the comic book anthology, which I didn't expect nor desire, and supplied a proper box for the expansion. I'm not saying the comic book is bad; I just didn't ask for it.

/end gripe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
isaacc wrote:

Just received my copy of 'Colonization. Not to overstate things; there's no tragedy here. But, I do think that a publisher ought to explicitly state that his product is unboxed and a "Ziploc" distribution. That is to say, the default expectation is for a boxed product.

Sierra Madre could have kept the comic book anthology, which I didn't expect nor desire, and supplied a proper box for the expansion. I'm not saying the comic book is bad; I just didn't ask for it.

/end gripe.

It's been posted elsewhere in these forums that including the comic anthology actually cut shipping by more than the comic cost to include—peculiarities having to do with postage breaks for mailing reading matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in bag, inside a box with the book. It saved them money and I don't have another box to throw out after I put everything in the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I guess my question would be, how much would having a new box have added to the price of the game?

I might have paid $5.00 more to have a larger box in which to store all my HF swag, or even $10, but it the price point increased much beyond that, I may have seriously hesitated before purchasing what is otherwise, for me, a must-buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For expansions I couldn't care less....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ocean Druen
United States
Buffalo Grove
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I bought my copy it stated that it came in a bag. They may have changed the description at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
You received a comic? I never received a comic! Outrage!

The expansion fits into the base box. I'm happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
1st world problems....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't a Ziploc what the first expansion showed up in? Or was that just straight shrink-wrap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
Isn't a Ziploc what the first expansion showed up in? Or was that just straight shrink-wrap?

b) Shrink wrapped.

I have the original, first expansion. If I get this (new expansion) will all three in the box? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

My cat helped me with this issue.

She chewed up the ziplock but thankfully none of the contents. Now I am forced to put the expansion in the original box.

Naturally, I would have done so anyway, but now I can't use the ziplock for anything else. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobobob598 wrote:
I have the original, first expansion. If I get this (new expansion) will all three in the box? lol :p
The extra set of support cards will fit, but unless you want the top of the box sticking up a half inch there's no way you're getting the original expansion board in there with everything else. Not that you actually need it, though, because the new Colonization board is direct replacement for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
e.e.goings wrote:
1st world problems....

God, I hate this response. It's as misused as Godwin's law is nowadays. Just a crutch to stifle discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobobob598 wrote:
Bwian wrote:

b) Shrink wrapped.

I have the original, first expansion. If I get this (new expansion) will all three in the box? lol

If you get this you actually want to take OUT what you got in the first expansion and then just add this one in. It's a replacement for the original expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
colmenarez wrote:
Bobobob598 wrote:
Bwian wrote:

b) Shrink wrapped.

If you get this you actually want to take OUT what you got in the first expansion and then just add this one in. It's a replacement for the original expansion.

The cards, too, or just the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
colmenarez wrote:
Bobobob598 wrote:
Bwian wrote:

b) Shrink wrapped.

I have the original, first expansion. If I get this (new expansion) will all three in the box? lol :p

The cards, too, or just the board?
The new rules mention that you can mix the first expansion's support cards in with the new ones, basically making it a double set.

With the extra demand for generators from the Bernals in addition to the usual rockets, robonauts, and refineries the supply gets pretty thin, so you might really want the extras for 4 or 5 player games. The downside is that with the larger decks it could take a bit longer to find that specific card you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.