9 Posts

Archipelago» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few clarifications please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
Can engaged unit become engaged again during the same turn? For example if I build a market and engage a unit on it (part of construction) can I later engage it again (part of using market)? And how do I keep track of markets that I already used?

PS: heavily edited since first posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unonameless wrote:
Can engaged unit become engaged again during the same turn? For example if I build a market and engage a unit on it (part of construction) can I later engage it again (part of using market)? And how do I keep track of markets that I already used?.

You can build and operate the market with the same citizen in the same Action round.

To keep track of markets/ports used, we place the 1f coin on the market/port itself, rather than on the action wheel. Remove the coins to the bank in the disengagement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
I just had an idea to mark all meeples with a dot on one side. Then, place engaged meeples on the side. Use dotted side to mark rebels and undotted side to mark engaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unonameless wrote:
I just had an idea to mark all meeples with a dot on one side. Then, place engaged meeples on the side. Use dotted side to mark rebels and undotted side to mark engaged.

I just turn the meeples onto their sides to indicate engaged status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always thought it was very obvious which meeples were engaged or not so I'm not sure why a system is needed to mark this. However, if one were needed, then I think a bunch of very cheap washers, that fit over the meeple head would be ideal. You would call them, of course, engagement rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
I've always thought it was very obvious which meeples were engaged or not so I'm not sure why a system is needed to mark this. However, if one were needed, then I think a bunch of very cheap washers, that fit over the meeple head would be ideal. You would call them, of course, engagement rings.

Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:

Wtf was that lol..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:

Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.