Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. Game looks very nice. Perhaps the best Worthington map ever. Scenarios look great.

One question: I received only two reinforcement sheets, one for July 1 and one for July 2. Just want to make sure there should not be a third for July 3. I know not many reinforcements arrived on that day, but there were some on each side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Got mine as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baymonkey wrote:
Got mine as well.

2 reinforcement sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Prisciandaro
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine as well, looks great, can't wait to get this game on the table laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can one up I got it today and played it with my teenage son. Good fun. We played Little Round Top scenario which I thought would be rather boring but a good intro (few units). It turned out to be good fun. General Hood (my son) headed for the defended hills (Round Tops) and took them. But this weakened his peach orchard assault with McLaws and I held :-)
Later the union got uppity and decided to assault Little Round Top. Stupidly I left Devil's Den open and he ran a Hood unit into it. So going into night he was one VP ahead (locations are worth VPs as well as kills)
BTW I was surprised to see that Devil's Den seems to have no terrain or movement effect! (hence he was able to run into there). Just seems to be a landmark. Am I right to think that? It is not a hill and not woods and that seems to be it for terrain (with creeks)
So on the night turn I counterassaulted Devil's Den (instead of assaulting little round top) ..but realized there was no advance after combat and so thought I would get no VP even if I retreated Hood's unit. But I rolled two hits and killed the unit! So got a vp for that. Then back in the Peach Orchard another Union counterattack I had underway also succeeded and killed an Artillery Unit. So Union victory... despite Hood doing the right 'alternative history' thing of going for the Round Tops.
Very fun for a tiny little scenario. This is my first exposure to the 'Hold the Line' kind of mechanics and I liked it. My son is willing to play again..another good vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent AAR. Got mine here in MD.
Was surprised that Union "fishhook" doesn't
have hills on its "shank". Makes a center
Southern charge tempting. Wish there were
designer notes. Beautiful board!

Can't wait tip Mexican war comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, can someone confirm that there s/b only 2 reinforcement sheets describing the entrance of reinforcements on 7/1 and 7/2? No one has a 7/3 sheet, right?

HTL is a fantastic system. It is a gem that Worthington seems to be focused on polishing. Very happy for that. I will buy anything they produce here. Enjoying Frederick's War presently. Gettysburg 150 opens the possibility for a ACW series. Perhaps something like Nappy 100 where you get several battles in one game.

Looking forward to getting this to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Kishbaugh
United States
Berwick
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Ok, can someone confirm that there s/b only 2 reinforcement sheets describing the entrance of reinforcements on 7/1 and 7/2? No one has a 7/3 sheet, right?

I also did not receive a July 3rd reinforcement sheet. After sorting the counter mix for day 2 there are no full strength units left to enter on day 3. Perhaps this is why the sheet is not included?

I'm sure someone from Worthington will provide an official answer to your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I just received my game with two reinforcement sheets. I think this is correct. BTW, my half sheet of counters are die cut backwards. This seems to be an ongoing problem with all Worthington games. I know it is not the end of the world, but gee guys just mark front and back on them.

I believe the Devil,s Den needs errata. It's not called Devil's Den for nothing.

Overall this is a great looking game and I am very pleased with my purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Mitchell
United States
Fairfax
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine with only two reinforcement sheets as well. Also, my half sheet is cut backwards. Like was said above, not the end of the world, but it does make my OCD go a little nuts. Also, I'm not a fan of how the other side of any unit with a "1" has the name listed on it, but I guess when sorting it will make it easier to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the official word from WG that only 2 reinforcement sheets are part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ryan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Received mine yesterday! Counters are clipped and ready to go! Hopefully this weekend...game looks great. Love the Hold the Line system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The printer is driving us crazy with the front and back on the counter sheets,,,,,the quality each game on the mounted board and counters keeps getting better and better but the damn counters are driving me wonky!

Grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Grant what about the Devil's Den. Does it have any kind terrain modifiers? It sure seems like it should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No on the devils den.....anyone who has been to the battle field will surely know it is imposing and an obstacle. However as one of the designers I felt at this scale I didn't want it to be. We did go back and forth on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cartking24 wrote:
The printer is driving us crazy with the front and back on the counter sheets,,,,,the quality each game on the mounted board and counters keeps getting better and better but the damn counters are driving me wonky!

Grant

The map really is lovely and it functionally well designed. I appreciate the terrain reference and combat table appearing on the board. Very striking and sturdy map. Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.