1817» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using private companies to buy share rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Vipperman
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I was wondering if I had a private company that I did not use to fund my initial 2-share companies, could I use that private company to help buy shares when it grows to a 5-share or 10-share or else do I always have to use cash to buy shares.

Example: I get the minor coal mine ($30) in the initial auction, but then I start two companies, neither of which is near a mountain and decide not to use the minor coal mine as capital for either company. Later, my two companies merge at $100. Could I give the merged company $70 cash plus the minor coal mine ($30 value) for a share or am I only allowed to use $100 cash to buy a share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It may only be used to fund purchase of a presidency. Privates have no other use outside of companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lokemoen
msg tools
It could be used when you do another IPO later in the game. This seems like a mistake -- holding dead money for a few turns. I suppose you may want to pass the private to a company that will survive, but I don't think any of the privates are worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.