Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ness
United States
Warner Springs
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the card "Relief Convoy" (card #107) double the number of dice for a coastal port for both siege resolution and running-the-guns for squadrons/fleets trying to pass Gibraltar or Copenhagen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cqness wrote:
Does the card "Relief Convoy" (card #107) double the number of dice for a coastal port for both siege resolution and running-the-guns for squadrons/fleets trying to pass Gibraltar or Copenhagen?

No, 'Relief Convoy' does not double dice for of the coastal port for a 'running-the-guns' situation. The card specifically says to play in response to a siege resolution. The card gives your friendly coastal port 4 additional dice (as long as a friendly squadron is in the zone)when an enemy is laying siege to it. The running-the-guns situation is totally different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ness
United States
Warner Springs
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

In the game I'm currently playing on ACTS, France tried to resolve the siege against Gibraltar and got enough 6's on the first round of siege to go to a second round but Britain controlled the Western Med and Austria played the Relief Convoy card to roll four more dice which resulted in three 5's thus disallowing a second round of siege combat. The Brits then proceeded to completely clear the Med of French naval units. The Spanish have one squadron in Lisbon that could try to run the guns and negate the relief convoy so the interest in the number of dice is very high. I guess probability is on the side of the British but not a certainty.

This leads to a second question. The rules state that when a fleet tries to pass by Gibraltar (or Copenhagen) they have to undergo the fire from the fortress guns and then a fleet (or squadron(s)) in the fort automatically intercept those naval units. Can the intercepted fleet attempt to evade by rolling dice? It sounds to me like they cannot and can only evade by the play of a reaction card but my opponent thinks they can still try to evade in the normal manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cqness wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

This leads to a second question. The rules state that when a fleet tries to pass by Gibraltar (or Copenhagen) they have to undergo the fire from the fortress guns and then a fleet (or squadron(s)) in the fort automatically intercept those naval units. Can the intercepted fleet attempt to evade by rolling dice? It sounds to me like they cannot and can only evade by the play of a reaction card but my opponent thinks they can still try to evade in the normal manner.

Your opponent is correct, the intercepted fleet can attempt to evade. Rule 13.8 is just saying that no interception die roll is needed. Interception is automatic. 13.33 says intercepted fleets may evade by making a modified two-dice roll.... There's nothing in either section that says a fleet 'running-the-guns' can't make an evasion attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.