Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if there's an obvious answer somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. Can this game work as a 2 player affair? Looks like a minimum 3 player game, but the info page here shows it starting at 2 players.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see 3-5 players listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
R2Dork wrote:
Sorry if there's an obvious answer somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. Can this game work as a 2 player affair? Looks like a minimum 3 player game, but the info page here shows it starting at 2 players.

Thanks!

I personally haven't, but apparently people have by drafting for a dummy player in turns. I'd imagine you just grab 6 monsters instead of 9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two player by drafting from four hands of cards, laying them out as though a dummy player sat on each side between the two players, and choosing one card and discarding one before passing the hand to your left and then picking up the deck waiting on your right. In the combat stage you just use six monsters, the "dummy players" are just there for the draft.

Mechanically it works perfectly fine and I'm sure someone will even come up with a workable solo draft - it's just that there are better two player games out there and the game is definitely better with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterio wrote:
I see 3-5 players listed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to:

(Not best with any number)
Recommended with 2, 3, 4 players

But I get it now. Seems like you can force it to work with 2, but it's designed for more.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found playing with 2 players worked fine without the dummy hand. I used the variant where you deal out 9 to both players. Then pick one and then discard one at random, then pass. Also do 9 monsters in the monster deck. Works fine and was fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.