Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Or 2-player dungeons for 3-4 players, for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure. I've asked for more information on the dungeons repeatedly but haven't had much luck. I'm really hoping the dungeons aren't an afterthought. We will find out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Raabe
United States
flag msg tools
The playtest version didn't have a built-in way to scale dungeons for more or less players, so you'd have to work it out on your own. Regardless, it would be very easy to adjust by reducing/eliminating your gold allowance, giving a flat bonus to power/priority on monsters, or adding enemies or using more powerful ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
I'm really hoping the dungeons aren't an afterthought.

The dungeons have quite a bit of polish-- the pixel art is slick, and the game mechanics are varied. I've only *played* one, and that one has been expanded since then, so I can't say much substantial. But they really don't look like an afterthought, and I'm looking forward to playing them.

(In particular, the one I played was mostly one-player-vs-many-small-enemies battles. I have no idea how the boss rush dungeons play out, aside from several of the boss abilities looking terrifying.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to scale up dungeons for co-op play, when you have perfectly functioning co-op dungeons to go into?

HINT HINT: Co-Op dungeons exist. (Up to 4 players, IIRC)

There were some bosses that NEED other people to win. That's why a lot of them are terrifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Raabe
United States
flag msg tools
mnmkami wrote:
Why would you want to scale up dungeons for co-op play, when you have perfectly functioning co-op dungeons to go into?

HINT HINT: Co-Op dungeons exist. (Up to 4 players, IIRC)

There were some bosses that NEED other people to win. That's why a lot of them are terrifying.

Greater variety and replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly adjust the dungeons upwards, but we don't have a built in way to do it. Instead, we just made a different dungeon for any configuration of players from 1 to 4.

If you discover an easy way to handle them, please let us know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.