Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KW gamers, it is time for another night at Rumbletum. It's been too long. Hoping to have lots of people out, and get some game action going.
Here are the details.

DESCRIPTION : Sit down and have a good time playing old favorite strategy boardgames, discover a new one, play with friends, make new ones in a relaxing atmosphere. Anyone is welcome. even if you don’t know any boardgames beyond Monopoly and are wondering what the heck we are doing, come and check it out.

WHEN : Saturday, October 19, 7pm until whenever.

WHERE : Rumbletum Cafe & Gifts, 1895 Sawmill Rd. Conestogo, ON. Just outside of Waterloo, near the Black Forest Inn. (go north on Northfield Dr., and turn R at the lights in Conestogo.) . Check out the Location page for a map link at rumbletum.ca

COST : The cost will be 3$, but all the money goes to prizes, in the form of gift certificates for board games at Rumbletum ( yes we do sell games!) which will be determined by doing a random draw (or 2 if there are enough people). 3$ could win you a game!

There will be coffee, soft drinks and possibly some snacks available (if the wife has time to bake some cookies)on a self serve basis for a reasonable cost, (no pressure though, but your support is appreciated)

WHAT TO BRING : Bring any strategy game (or two) you own and want to play. Or, just bring yourself, and there will be plenty of games to choose from to join in and play. I will have a number of games to play from my collection, I usually bring 30-40 games, and others bring several also, so no shortage of games.

A selection of games available for sale at competetive prices also. Check out the Board game page on our website here for current stock list. Just got some new titles in, Bora Bora, Via Appia, and more.

http://www.rumbletumcafe.ca/?page_id=28

MORE INFO : There is room for 20-24 people or so, with some various table sizes ranging from largish to smallish. Come early for better table/game selection as this is a first come/first play experience. I never know how many people will show up, but hopefully there won’t be any waiting to play games!

Any questions pm me here on the geek, or call/text me at 519-504-7468 or call me at Rumbletum 519-664-1820 and ask for Quinn. Or email me at quinno@xplornet.ca

Hope to see lots of people playing and having fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo-hoo!
As of today, there is nothing booked for that night so I will plan on attending!
Woo-hoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, my schedule is clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I now have it in my calendar! I've had too long of a dry spell of gaming.

Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccmonter wrote:
As of today, there is nothing booked for that night so I will plan on attending!

As of today, I don't see any reason why I would not be attending.

Any games that people want to get to the table?
I have a few games that I own and have only played a few times that would like to see some table time.
Terra Mystica
The Castles of Burgundy
Troyes

The problem, of course, if that I am a proud member of the Cult of the New and I often prefer to try out a new game if the opportunity arises.
I have yet to play (I own some of these, but not others)
Bruges
Bora Bora
Rialto
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
Spyrium
Eclipse
Firefly: The Game
... among others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty much up for anything. I haven't played COB or Troyes for awhile.
I've been playing Trajan a lot lately , and it is awesome. Even my wife loves it, and has kicked my butt severely the last game. I would also love to try eclipse. I own it but have never played it yet. But I'm easy.
Looking forward guys. See you soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccmonter wrote:
As of today, I don't see any reason why I would not be attending.

I jinxed it!

We now have family plans for Saturday evening.
I am no longer able to attend.

cry

I hope that the event is as successful as ever and I will try to make it to the next one.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccmonter wrote:
I am no longer able to attend.

BOOOO!!!!

Oh well, take care and hopefully we'll see you next time. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And my work changed my morning shift to an afternoon/evening shift, so I'm unable to attend either.

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it. I invited a few friends so hopefully some of them decide to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a great night again. Got the chance to play a game of Manhattan Project and really enjoyed. Of course, winning the game helps the enjoyment too, even though I didn't think it was possible until right near the end. It was a good, close game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thanks again for a great night! Got in three games and picked up Vinhos. I've already done a 2-player run through, and I think this is a winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.