Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both cards state "Action: Free Action", and I assume that means you must take them as an Action during your activation step, to trigger a Free Action during the shooting round, if the proper conditions are met. But, you know what they say about assumptions.

So, is my reading of these cards correct? Do you need to take the Action hoping the Free Action will be triggered during your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Both are standard actions taken during your turn in the expectation of the trigger occurring during that round of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:
Both cards state "Action: Free Action", and I assume that means you must take them as an Action during your activation step, to trigger a Free Action during the shooting round, if the proper conditions are met. But, you know what they say about assumptions.

So, is my reading of these cards correct? Do you need to take the Action hoping the Free Action will be triggered during your turn?

You are correct in general, although I would refer to them as "Action: Potential Effect Which Might Trigger Later".

EDIT: Ninja'd! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
So if they are "free action" abilities, you still need to use your normal action to use these abilities or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't really "free action" abilities.

You use your normal Action to activate them, and if the conditions are met during the turn, then they trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.