Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck Marble Rabbit!

Firstly, will flip a coin to see who decides first turn. H(1) will be Marble Rabbit, T(2) will be Rook96.

Decide turn order. 1d2 = (1) = 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 440452. Rook96
  • 1d2 =
  • (1) =
  • Decide turn order.
  • Thu Oct 3, 2013 3:54 am
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, would you like to go first and shift, or go second?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boing, boing, boing... thunk!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll shift counter-clockwise (hence forth CCW).

Do you say "counter-clockwise" or "anti-clockwise" in Australia?

Oh, and good luck to you too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that what I wrote was ambiguous. By CCW I meant that I rotated the card CCW so that I am now in the second gear on the left edge, the one with the delta mod.

However, what I wrote could have been interpretted as rotate into the second gear that is in the CCW direction, which would have been on the right edge. Maybe I should just say shift left or right meaning go into the gear to the left or to the right, respectively. What seems more clear to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
marble rabbit wrote:
I just realized that what I wrote was ambiguous. By CCW I meant that I rotated the card CCW so that I am now in the second gear on the left edge, the one with the delta mod.

However, what I wrote could have been interpretted as rotate into the second gear that is in the CCW direction, which would have been on the right edge. Maybe I should just say shift left or right meaning go into the gear to the left or to the right, respectively. What seems more clear to you?

That is ok, we are kind of working this out as we go - this could be the first PbF for Shift!

My thoughts are, if there is a gear 2 on the left hand and right hand sides of the cards, that should be our terminology.

So by your example above, I would say "Shift to left hand side Gear 2."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we make this absolute or relative? Left and right relative to the current orientation of the card, or absolute with reference to the "upright" orientation.

I think it would be best to establish one as always being the left 2nd gear, and one as the right 2nd gear and they stay that way no matter how the card is turned. This would make it easier to always know what someone is talking about.

So, unless you object or have a more clever idea, let's say that the left 2nd gear is the one on the left when the card is in 1st gear, and if for some reason a person wanted to shift into that gear from 3rd, the statement would be "shift into left 2nd gear" even though when you are in 3rd the left 2nd gear is on your right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laboratory
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
As a game creator, I've always used G1, G2L or G2R, and G3. G2L is referring the the 2nd gear on the left when you're in first gear, and G2R is the right side when you're in first gear. Hope that lingo helps!

If you want real shorthand G2L A (for alpha) B (for beta) D (when referring to a delta) and O (for your omega)

-Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, Sam. It's always good to see the designers active and responding like this. Quick question just to verify: my delta is active right now, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankyou Sam for the terminology.

I will shift to G2L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
marble rabbit wrote:
Thanks for the input, Sam. It's always good to see the designers active and responding like this. Quick question just to verify: my delta is active right now, right?

I am pretty sure it is active, your damage and spirit are both 0 at the moment - so that should be equal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will attack. Will you defend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please, I will active guard for a total of 1900. I will then have to shift back to G1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I'll flip to see if the mod and crit are activated.

1d2 = (1) = 11d2 = (2) = 2

Mod, no crit, no damage.

Downshift.

Guard=800

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 441950. marble rabbit
  • 1d2 =
  • (1) =
  • Sat Oct 5, 2013 5:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 441951. marble rabbit
  • 1d2 =
  • (2) =
  • Sat Oct 5, 2013 5:29 pm
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, is my guard 900 or 800? At first I thought that the delta would cease to be active after downshifting, but rereading the rules, I think I still have that guard modifier since my start phase hasn't triggered the mod reset yet.

I think my guard is 900, but I'm open to discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
A delta is not a modifier. A modifier will last until your next start turn, but a delta is only in effect when you are in that gear. So my interpretation is that your defense is 800. Though an official word from Sam would always be appreciated.

EDIT: I might wait before I declare my action to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my initial reading too, but my guard has been modified by this delta. When a delta grants an ability (like Johnny's in your other game) then it is only available in that gear, but if it modifies an attack or guard, does it clear once you leave the gear, or does it stay until the next start turn phase?

Also, the rule book says that deltas are modifiers. Nevertheless, I am willing to just make a judgement call in the interest of not slowing down our game. Since it is in question whether it stays or not, let's just say it cleared and my guard is 800.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.