GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,405 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Hug your friends/family - Sad story rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
I went on a river rafting trip down the Grand Canyon last month. It was with a bunch of coworkers on a company trip. It was a great time. During the trip, there were a few of us that got to know each other really well.

Last week, one of those friends was killed in a car accident. She and her two children were killed. Her husband lost his whole family. This is very sad news.

Make sure you hug your friends and family. You never know when it will be the last time.

And the saddest part is that she was going to fast and didn't stop at a stop sign. She was hit by a semi truck. Please drive responsibly and obey the laws of the road. It's really not worth it to speed or disobey traffic laws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's horrible! My heart goes out to you and her relatives.

And, yes: Hugs are always a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having lost my very young niece in tragic & terrible circumstances a few months ago I completely understand what you're saying.

Life is so fragile. Just one moment of madness can cause such a horrible impact on so many other lives.

I hope her husband gets a lot of support & is able to eventually move on with his life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kacy Crawford
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Ah,that's so sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Condolences to you and to the Man who lost his wife and kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I make a point of kissing my wife before I walk out the door in the morning. A close friend of ours died quite suddenly last year after riding his bike to work. I've never had the courage to ask his widow if they kissed good-bye that day, but the sudden, unexpectedness has made her mourning that much harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.