Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Playing Attack Wing with a Star Trek Actor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teri Litorco
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
...what I would have given to had Delta Quadrant ships (Voyager especially) for this interview.

That's me, running a demo of the game for Garrett Wang (who played Ensign Harry Kim) for an upcoming Geek & Sundry vlog. Yes, I'll post links when the video goes live.

EDIT:

And it's live! BBG is still pending the approval of the video to be listed up at the top but I thought I'd also put it here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! I see that Garrett is taking the Enterprise while you have...the Ferengi LE model?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Wil Wheaton will play Attack Wing with 3 Star Trek actors on TableTop thumbsup
And Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Fleet Captains also.
That would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting on my geek hat here. But, could someone finally explain to me how Ensign Kim served seven years on the Voyager, as a senior officer due to casualties sustained, serving with distinction on a ship lost on the other side of the galaxy. And still, never receive a battlefield promotion from his captain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because Janeway secretly hated him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome!! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock, Teri!

A while ago I got to meet Michael Dorn at the annual Comic Expo here in Winnipeg and got his autograph (as seen below)and that same afternoon I went and played my Star Trek Tactics Klingon fleet at my FLGS. Not the same as playing with the actor but he was pretty busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think we'll see a Harry Kim crew card with Voyager? If not, I'd be up for making a custom one... any ideas on ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't he actually die in an episode and his double continued on? Voyager is my least favorite of the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like Voyager, especially Harry Kim. But Garrett Wang is one of the nicest, most accessible Trek actors around. If any of them will sit down and play Attack Wing with you, it'll be him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teri Litorco
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
keokiyoung wrote:
I didn't like Voyager, especially Harry Kim. But Garrett Wang is one of the nicest, most accessible Trek actors around. If any of them will sit down and play Attack Wing with you, it'll be him.

I cannot speak more highly of Garrett. he was charming, totally invested and very very generous. I wish I had more time - we only played a very stripped down version (a demo, if you will) because he only had a little time to spare with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
I hope Wil Wheaton will play Attack Wing with 3 Star Trek actors on TableTop thumbsup
And Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Fleet Captains also.
That would be awesome.

I suspect Attack Wing will show up on TableTop once a Wesley Crusher card makes it into the game. Or hopefully sooner since I don't expect to actually see a Wesley card for a long time. Maybe with a Starfleet Cadet Red Squadron ship pack? Nick Lacarno, Wesley Crusher, & Boothby the Gardener (my personal favorite Martian).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
[q="mado78"] I suspect Attack Wing will show up on TableTop once a Wesley Crusher card makes it into the game. Or hopefully sooner since I don't expect to actually see a Wesley card for a long time.

While I've got to admit that when you re-watch TNG, Wesley isn't as bad as one remembers, a "Shut up Wesley" power would be great, maybe something about re-enabling a crew ability since everyone can now concentrate on doing their jobs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
That would be awesome.

Oh, and Wil has already said one of this "Not a Vlogs" that deck building games won't show up on TableTop anytime soon. Too much thinking in each players head and not enough talking or player interaction. It would make for boring TV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome Teri. Garret is really nice. He was here in town a few years ago and he was also on hand for the TNG Cast Reunion in Calgary. He had a great story about the worst Trek episode. Speaking of which, all of the TNG Cast are very friendly, too, especially Marina and Patrick.

Hopefully I can get my Sisko card signed by Mr. Brooks when he's here at Comic Con in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:
Putting on my geek hat here. But, could someone finally explain to me how Ensign Kim served seven years on the Voyager, as a senior officer due to casualties sustained, serving with distinction on a ship lost on the other side of the galaxy. And still, never receive a battlefield promotion from his captain?

I could be mistaken, but wasn't he promoted and then demoted again for something he did by Janeway? I seem to remember somebody did, but it might have been Tom Paris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PenguinBonaparte wrote:
davedujour wrote:
[q="mado78"] I suspect Attack Wing will show up on TableTop once a Wesley Crusher card makes it into the game. Or hopefully sooner since I don't expect to actually see a Wesley card for a long time.

While I've got to admit that when you re-watch TNG, Wesley isn't as bad as one remembers, a "Shut up Wesley" power would be great, maybe something about re-enabling a crew ability since everyone can now concentrate on doing their jobs?

That's not quite the direction I took with my Wesley custom card: whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That captain should be able to spend an action to pass him back and disable yours, like hot-potato!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jackowski
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now we need a Sparks McGee card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:

Janeway: Good work Mr Kim, keep it up and you'll make Ensign in no time.

Kim: But I already am an Ensign, Captain.

Janeway: Stop interrupting a Senior officer! I will bust you down to Ensign so fast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teri: how are you liking the Krayton? I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I like Conditional Surrender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
PenguinBonaparte wrote:
davedujour wrote:

That's not quite the direction I took with my Wesley custom card: whistle

thumbsup I like it! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, too, but I think it might be more fun if he had that ability, but instead of a cost, he simply lowered his own captain's number by two until he was used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's an attempt at Harry:

Remember that time one Voyager lost their Harry and then the other Voyager gave that Voyager their Harry? Yeah, like that....

More here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.