Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feels like that, doesn't it? In the same pack, the Sith got a bigger capital ship than anything the navy can currently field. I think they're trying to encourage a multi-faction aspect to those two decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem is that he doesn't really fit in anywhere right now.

Jedi decks have characters and the speeder decks give up renegade squad mobilisation and one of the other better smuggler pods.

One for the future.

Edit. I mean prepare for evac with the protectors which is probably one of the pods that makes speeders viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think it's Jedi specifically to force you to decide between it and the protector Y-wings. Personally I think the potential to assemble Snowspeeder Voltron (Rogue Three + Wedge + Luke = 4 blast, 3 unit, 1 tactics, all black, strikes twice, and even if it dies you still have Luke) is worth the tradeoff, especially since Luke's pod makes you much better at edge battles as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hooliganj wrote:
Feels like that, doesn't it? In the same pack, the Sith got a bigger capital ship than anything the navy can currently field. I think they're trying to encourage a multi-faction aspect to those two decks.

Honestly I think trying to put Executor in a Navy capital ship deck is a bad idea. The walker pod (specifically its Orbital Resupply Stations) is essential to that build, and it's Navy-only. And what are you getting in trade? Holocrons, which can only be used for Sith cards, which in that deck means just Executor itself.

What Executor actually is, is the shot in the arm Sith Control didn't even need. (Vader, Emperor, Counsel, Executor)x2 + Motti + Ghosts = the new deck to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
hooliganj wrote:

Honestly I think trying to put Executor in a Navy capital ship deck is a bad idea. The walker pod (specifically its Orbital Resupply Stations) is essential to that build, and it's Navy-only. And what are you getting in trade? Holocrons, which can only be used for Sith cards, which in that deck means just Executor itself.

What Executor actually is, is the shot in the arm Sith Control didn't even need. (Vader, Emperor, Counsel, Executor)x2 + Motti + Ghosts = the new deck to beat.

Agreed. It's just a weird dilution of theme, to have the ship show up in a Sith pod.

Now that I think of it, the previous force pack added a Trooper-themed Sith pod, which is probably a better example of multi-factioning for the Dark Side. I've added it to my formerly mono-navy Trooper deck, and it's working out pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as a method of balancing. With these really powerful cards not matching the faction, but perfectly fitting in with the themes, be they Speeder Deck or Capitol Ship Deck, that means that there may be an instance in game if you have Rebel Objectives out and only those, meaning that you simply can't play Jedi Luke when it comes into your hand (assuming you are using the Rebel faction card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkard
msg tools
mbmb
I think Executor is a sith card, because it is a very sith card at core. It is very control (sith) and not really a navy card which would be a more offensive card with shielding and maybe enchancement removal or buffing other units like Vader or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Executor is a Sith card. Even if the Imperial Navy would fall and crumble due to some bureaucracy between TESB and ROTJ (Government shutdown perhaps? ), Vader would hardly loose or give away his ship.

It's Vader's ship darn it! It Sith!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
I mentioned this on the cardgamedb forums when this came up, but rebels use their targeting computers. He turned his off! Jedi much? And he did it because a dead guy talked to him from force heaven!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.