Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Wait, is that really an deathlock and pestilance in one? DvN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brad koch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
So i was reading http://www.critshappen.net/2013/09/05/mage-wars-druid-vs-nec... and i saw altar of skulls.

Well, my warlock feels inadequate now. My whole fun is dropping deathlock/pestilence combo (especially in 4 player). This gets the job done with less mana, granted it requires the tokens tokens (the dark clerics are only 5 mana to drop, so that shouldn't be too hard).

feel free to discuss

Now i need to buy 2 sets, so i can have a zombie zurg necro and a altar necro surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do they need to be in different spellbooks? Watching your opponent's creatures wither and die while your undead army keeps going strong seems like it would work pretty well if you can keep your opponent from killing the Alter of Skulls. I mean, it would slow down your push to play Alter of Skulls and a dark cleric, but that would only be 3 spellbook points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to Strategy.

I don't have a good handle of the products for this game. If this is wrong can someone GM me - ta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this wont work well against creatureless opponents. I prefer the flexibility of Deathlock & Pestilence to decide when to cast them. I see Altar of Skulls rather being played in addition to Idol of Pestilence in order to increase the total amount of direct damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My creatureless Forcemaster or my Earth Wizard (with Nonliving elementals and golems) will laugh at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad koch
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Only placed in news since it is a spoiler and that's where I saw the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well its ability needs 8 skull tokens. Considering that you need to kill a creature to get one and/or using clerics (Acolytes) it takes about 5-6 rounds to be "active", while Idol and Deathlock work from the moment they're being cast. I think that's the better deal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.