Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Miniature Market Daily Deal: Galaxy Trucker Anniversary edition for $65.00 (48% off) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Leo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market is selling Galaxy Trucker Anniversary edition for only $65!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rgg491.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best price I've ever seen for this.

I paid $72 from BnB and that was a great price at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI: 82.99
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/183429

Great deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Inquirer

Virginia Gardens
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
I paid 81.25 at MM back in June. This is a great price and it shouldn't be too difficult to meet the free shipping threshold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Goldman
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daaaaaaamn, I wish I had had the foresight to wait. Though I've already gotten my $83's worth from the copy I got in mid August so I'm not too upset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh... I'd been avoiding MM up until now, building up my CSI cred, but I think this will break me.

Is MM generally as cool with order adjustments as CSI? (I'd like to add this to an order at this price but finish out the rest of the order for free shipping later.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
Uh oh... I'd been avoiding MM up until now, building up my CSI cred, but I think this will break me.

Is MM generally as cool with order adjustments as CSI? (I'd like to add this to an order at this price but finish out the rest of the order for free shipping later.)

They're most definitely not as easy to work with as CSI. I tried having them hold an order for me that way and got a call from an ornery customer service rep named Edna to make it quite clear that "we don't hold orders so you'll need to tell us how you want this shipped".

I'm sure if you have an order with a pre-order item already held they'll be willing to add to it, but they definitely won't take a sub-$99 order and hold it until it's over the free shipping threshold.

I still order from them when it makes the most sense financially, but they're not even in the same league customer service wise as CSI.

I should note that despite this less particular order policy, and repeated run ins with this one particularly grumpy rep, all my other MM experiences have been friendly and positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm, sucks to hear, but I already frantically placed an order! I used my usual tactic of placing some few-months-away Netrunner expansions in the order so it gets held. Hopefully they'll let me adjust the order between now and then.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
Hrm, sucks to hear, but I already frantically placed an order! I used my usual tactic of placing some few-months-away Netrunner expansions in the order so it gets held. Hopefully they'll let me adjust the order between now and then.

Thanks for the feedback!

That tactic should work fine Matt. Edna only raised a fuss once the pre-order item came in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Decker
United States
Kingsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is good,bad, and very bad,
The bad: I just placed a large order with them the other day.
The good: I took this off my list to cut down on the order.
The very bad: now that it's on sale for the day I'll have to get it, plus something else to get it up to $100 to get free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game really that good? What type of gaming group would most enjoy it?

(As if I need to spend anymore $$$.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mysterio wrote:
Is the game really that good? What type of gaming group would most enjoy it?

(As if I need to spend anymore $$$.)

This is my problem. I really want this game, but I'm pretty sure my gaming group wouldn't like it (other then me and maybe 1 other person)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiqin Huang
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
This game is very fun. You and friends grab/snatch tiles from the tables to build a ship, then your ships get launched to complete a mission. There would be events happening and these are determined by cards drawn. Some people gets their ship totally decimated by these events like pirate attacks/meteorites/epidemic, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I would paraphrase Zee, "This is a really fun HALF of a game." I can understand why. I love building the ship up, but during the racing part, the only thing I can do most of the time is sit there and take it. There's rarely anything you can do to modify the things that your ship encounters (at least in the base game). I would prefer if I could actually attempt to maneuver the ship to fire my really badly placed triple butt cannons at least...

It's the lack of control in the second half of the game that kind of puts it lower on my buy list. But it's a great hit for many people, because it is hilarious to watch as other ships crumble into pieces. But the gamer in me DEMANDS I have something that lets me win against terrible odds instead of leaving it to luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
...But the gamer in me DEMANDS I have something that lets me win against terrible odds instead of leaving it to luck

You do have something to let you win! The first half of the game! Just build your ship to be able to stand up to every possible obstacle and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn i can't believe i'm gonna miss this price. I don't have the cash to throw another game on the pile for free shipping and the shipping for this just that kills the deal.

Anyone in the houston area wanna go in together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Krosmaster going on clearance last week and GT:AE being the Deal of the Day, MM is sure putting the hurt to me lately. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." I am a voice actor for video games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This deal is smoking. +1 to the OP, and honestly, It's hard not to find something on pre-order to bump the price up until you find a C-note's worth.

And my experience wasn't nearly as bad as Dante's, but I trust his experience, so that makes the ordering in pieces tactic a solid YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Davison
United States
Hartland
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any idea if CSI will eventually have a sale like this? Has this been on sale lower than $80 over there yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks so much for posting. I've been wanting this for a while, but couldn't bring myself to drop the cash. this is a fantastic deal! (the camel says 78.80 was the lowest at amazon) Enough to make this loyal CSI/Amazon shopper order from MM for the first time.

I added in Snow Tails and Merchants of the Middle Ages, both on clearance, to round out my free shipping order.

Thanks again, here's some GG...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Zhou
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
These days I have switched from CSI to MM as my default OLGS. For many games I'm interested in, e.g. The Castles of Burgundy, MM has a better price. None of my previous orders with CSI or MM has any problem, so I haven't used their customer service yet. At this point, pricing is my main criteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Doublé
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaand it's gone. Whew. I only had to resist temptation for a little while after finding out about this deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
As I would paraphrase Zee, "This is a really fun HALF of a game." I can understand why. I love building the ship up, but during the racing part, the only thing I can do most of the time is sit there and take it. There's rarely anything you can do to modify the things that your ship encounters (at least in the base game). I would prefer if I could actually attempt to maneuver the ship to fire my really badly placed triple butt cannons at least...

It's the lack of control in the second half of the game that kind of puts it lower on my buy list. But it's a great hit for many people, because it is hilarious to watch as other ships crumble into pieces. But the gamer in me DEMANDS I have something that lets me win against terrible odds instead of leaving it to luck

Don't you peek at the upcoming cards while building your ship so you know how to build your ship and reduce luck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJL
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news: I clicked on the link and saw that the price listed was actually $8.00. Yep, that's not a typo.

Bad news: The quantity in stock was zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJL_WashDC wrote:
Good news: I clicked on the link and saw that the price listed was actually $8.00. Yep, that's not a typo.

Bad news: The quantity in stock was zero.

I bet they were returning the price to something like $80 and it's a typo. Fortunately for them, it's out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.