Subject: TI3 living rules wiki page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seren of Moon
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
Several TI3 players have taken the time to start a living rules FAQ wiki page here on BGG. This wiki page can already help players navigate rulings:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Twilight_Imperium_FAQ

It's now time for the larger BGG community to start using this and to begin taking this much further. FFG (i.e. Corey) is aware of this effort and understands that it makes sense for players to capture "unofficial" rulings that are not covered by the current FAQ.

A few style guidelines for our TI3 wiki page:

(1) Keep items limited to FFG rulings as opposed to player opinion.

(2) Some questions come up that are covered in core rules or published FAQs. This is going to be a big wiki page, so try to limit these before we rewrite everything. When these do come up, it's helpful to include references to the appropriate rule book and page.

(3) If you use an acronym not in the list, please insert it in alphabetical order. Keep these singular in the list.

(4) When using plural acronyms, just add an s to the acronym. For example, DNs is better than DN's and saves you a keystroke.

(5) Follow pre-existing examples when quoting a Corey reply to a BGG user, including the BGG thread ID whenever available.

(6) When quoting a player's question and/or a reply from Corey, try to copy and paste the original question and answer when provided.

(7) In some cases, it makes more sense to edit the question and response for clarity and brevity (e.g. we need to edit the Necessary Bureaucracy + Representatives question to include all the great follow-up responses).

(8) If you do edit questions/responses, be sure to retain all core game concepts provided in the ruling.

(9) When in doubt on wiki formatting, you can refer to the Battlestar Galactica FAQ here on BGG. Clicking "edit" and using copy and paste, you can shortcut the learning curve if you're new to wiki (don't commit changes to their FAQ!).

We hope this proves useful to all and again wish to express thanks to Corey and others at FFG who take time to support TI3 responses.

I'd like to add my personal gratitude to you all---the players. Many of you have been at this for years, pushing variant ideas, building new vassal modules, hosting fan sites, supporting PBF games, building F2F communities, and sharing strategies. Special thanks especially to sigmazero, who taught me how to play (and still does).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seren - you rock - Siferr Stark aka (SFRR)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.